312GW Wont turn on

orcecaveman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I'm desperate for some help. I bought a 312GW just 10 days ago. All seemed to be working fine, until I've linked up to my android pad to view the files. At the same time I loaded the updated software. It then turned off and will not turn back on. I have put it back in the car and the blue charging light comes on permanently, but it wont do anything else.
I could really do with resolving this urgently as I'm driving to Spain next week!
Thanks in advance!

Is there a reset button anywhere ?

Then take it back for a swap out.
Not so easy, as I've thrown the box away &I bought it in Euro Car Parts 200 miles away!
I'm hoping that it can be reset somehow, as it sounds like it's a software issue from when I updated it.
I've also messaged the Nextbase support member on here. I'm hoping it's something straight forward

Oh, I should have said..... the blue charging light went out after a short spell, but its totally dead.

I wonder if it was a failed/corrupt firmware update or it's borked the card..

Download another firmware file from Nextbase support. Copy it, exactly as is, to a freshly FAT32 formatted SDCard. Be careful that the Capitalisation is kept. If your download changes .BIN to .bin for example, or vice versa. A hiccup we've seen before.

Then pop the card into unit and power it up via the car lead, a wall socket, or a mobile phone charger brick (5v ~2A) - not a PC USB as the unit goes into a different mode.

It should go through its motions to completely update the firmware. Then maybe a reboot.

Might be worth using another known good card.

Last edited:
I wonder if it was a failed/corrupt firmware update or it's borked the card..

Download another firmware file from Nextbase support. Copy it, exactly as is, to a freshly FAT32 formatted SDCard. Be careful that the Capitalisation is kept. If your download changes .BIN to .bin for example, or vice versa. A hiccup we've seen before.

Then pop the card into unit and power it up via the car lead, a wall socket, or a mobile phone charger brick (5v ~2A) - not a PC USB as the unit goes into a different mode.

It should go through its motions to completely update the firmware. Then maybe a reboot.

Might be worth using another known good card.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far.
Wow Kremmen, that all sounds a bit technical! I guess I'd have to do that with a PC, which I don't have access too until I get to Spain.
I'm stumped at what to do now.☹

Last edited:
If it has broken and you have proof of purchase, contact the vendor. If it is faulty, it doesn't have to have the box etc. that's only advised if you change your mind on a distance purchase.

And a tip with any voluntary software updates on any equipment; "If it ain't broke then don't fix it."
If it is working OK and unless the update addresses a problem that you are having, then don't update. It seems that various software developers use Joe Public as beta testers instead of thorough testing.

If it has broken and you have proof of purchase, contact the vendor. If it is faulty, it doesn't have to have the box etc. that's only advised if you change your mind on a distance purchase.

And a tip with any voluntary software updates on any equipment; "If it ain't broke then don't fix it."
If it is working OK and unless the update addresses a problem that you are having, then don't update. It seems that various software developers use Joe Public as beta testers instead of thorough testing.
Thanks, im going to pop into Euro Car Parts in Worcester shortly. Ill let you know how it goes. If i get another, i wont be putting the update on it!

So.... before setting off in the car, I removed the cam from the clamp and took out the sd card.......and..... it turned on. All seemed to be working, I then put the card in and it turned off.
I've formated the card (64gb Samsung class 10), put it back in and all appears to be ok.
So, for now it seems to be fixed. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully this thread will help anyone else with a similar issue.
Thank you to all that offered advice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 312GW 4
B 312GW 2
B 312GW 3
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
Back