322GW Recording

Rickb8585

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm having trouble with my 322GW. When I see an incident and press the record button it only saves the recording from the moment i press the button. With my old dash cam it would record 30 seconds previous and 30 seconds afterwards. Ive looked at the settings but cant seem to figure it out, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Hi Rick,

When a Protected File is triggered, 10 seconds prior to the moment of triggering will be saved as well as 20 seconds afterwards, forming a 30 second clip in total. This length/span cannot be adjusted.

You can also manually protect footage on your Dash Cam, after the event, if you're worried about it being overwritten. (Settings)

We'd also recommend saving the footage to your phone using the MyNextbase Connect app or saving it directly to your computer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Rick,

When a Protected File is triggered, 10 seconds prior to the moment of triggering will be saved as well as 20 seconds afterwards, forming a 30 second clip in total. This length/span cannot be adjusted.

You can also manually protect footage on your Dash Cam, after the event, if you're worried about it being overwritten. (Settings)

We'd also recommend saving the footage to your phone using the MyNextbase Connect app or saving it directly to your computer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase
I'm also having this problem. 10 seconds before just isn't long enough as it misses what I wanted to clip out. Needs sorting as it's pretty pointless showing 20 seconds after when it's the past we want to clip out and not the future.

Hello,

If you have an incident and more footage than the 30 seconds protected file is required, we recommend pulling over to a safe location, stopping the car and then opening your MyNextbase Connect mobile app. You can then download the protected file and the surrounding clips easily to your phone.
The alternative is to drive to your end location and download the clips onto your computer. The quantity of storage on the card obviously depends on the size of the card and how regularly it's formatted.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back