3300CH -- bad performance -- is this typical of JAEWONCNC quality?

MessyPotamia

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this thing in my BMW for a few months now and have never really bothered to carefully review its performance. This is my first JAEWONCNC product, I have 3 others from different manufacturers in other vehicles. This 3300 has large gaps in file archive history even though there is still 25% of space left on the SDHC card. The playback viewer doesn't crash, but its GPS map window doesn't work properly, usually nonresponsive to mouse clicks. I cannot rely on a device like this to reliably archive my driving video throughout a trip.
The playback viewer also requires elevated privileges (Admin) just to run it, what's up with that?
I've requested the seller give me a refund for it, they said a technician would contact me but never did.
This is actually a replacement, the first one arrived DOA, which the seller immediately replaced. I should've taken that as a sign and gotten something else or waited.
Could I get other opinions on this maker's products? Is the 3300CH just a piece of crap all by itself, or is all this maker's stuff something that should be avoided?
Regards & thanks.

Sir, I am writing this on JAEWONCNC's behalf. If you could kindly send your issue to corvitsg@gmail.com, I will pass it over to JAEWONCNC headquarter to
investigate this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience IROAD 3300CH has caused. Cheers!

What was the outcome of the investigation. I found the GPS map stopped working properly in early fall 2014 and I wonder if a Windows update or other issue is the cause.

What viewer are you using?
The viewer one can download from their website. Iroad Blackbox 3300 CH viewer. Admittedly I have not checked the website lately for an update for the firmware or viewer.

The viewer one can download from their website. Iroad Blackbox 3300 CH viewer. Admittedly I have not checked the website lately for an update for the firmware or viewer.

there should be an update, the Google maps API keys have likely expired, they don't run forever so the programs need to be updated for that

there should be an update, the Google maps API keys have likely expired, they don't run forever so the programs need to be updated for that

Just checked http://www.navinc.co.kr/ and there isn't. Last dated download is "2014-01-20". First time I went to their website is months after that.

Another defect of this product is that it requires full administrative login to run. That is just B***S*** especially as far as security is concerned. And you know exactly why, so don't pretend you don't.

Another problem with software is I find the sound to be really low, even with the volume maxed out in Windows and the software. Alternatively, VLC Media player which is suggested on their documentation handles sound properly. I use VLC on both my Windows and Linux machines. Its the only player I use in Linux.

I am an IT manager and one of the things, I battle with one manufacturer only has driver support for the products for a couple of years . That's a problem if there is a new version of Windows a year or so after they stop making it. Their atitude is to buy a new scanner or computer. As such, for that and other reasons, I don't get computers made by that manufacturer.

Also, I heard of IT managers that call support lines for products they are considering getting to see how fast they reply on the phone. If waiting on hold for some time, they scratch that manufacturer off the list.

Putting all of that together, and you and I have encountered issues with the software, it would be great if they updated the software! I may check the downloads page on a manufacturer the next time I look for a dash cam.

Last edited:
Back