360° security motion/radar light and cam

gr1nch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

For fun, I've kicked off a DIY project which is not a dashcam exactly, but has some elements in common. This is a 360° car cam intended to be placed in the centre of the car on the inside ceiling to enhance security and help prevent unwanted attention and theft.

Here's a list of features (T means tested working with parts, W means waiting for parts - possibly 3D printed or slow boat from China!)

360° car cam
Silent capture, immediate update to cloud and alerts to owner
- 720p camera (W), microwave (T) and vibration (W) sensors on motorised (T) outer shell (W)
- During any detection event, picture and video continuously...
+ uploaded to Google Drive (T)
+ Saved to SD card (T)
+ alert and updates sent to owner
- low power standby*
- Raspberry Pi is too big, I'm looking at smaller and less power hungry alternatives
- size of a small cylindrical, home fire detector
- colour black or grey

360° car security light
Preventative system, highly visible to people touching and moving around the car. A simplified version of the 360° car cam except no camera of rotational motor.
- During any detection event...
+ Ring of super bright LED lights cycle on continuously (or blink)
+ Audio file gets played - speaker tucked out of the way in the engine bay
+ [Optional], requires internet] Alert and updates sent to owner
- low power standby*

* System default power to sense movement from the vibration sensor, then success in microwave radar array to detect human movement.

That's about it for now. If anyone is interested I'll post pictures (although it's all on the bench in parts) and links to plans and software.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
niko DIY Projects 13
Back