360 degree dash cam installation covering all angles with sample footage

Eloylb

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800PRO 2 CH and Viofo A129 Duo
Hi all,

I installed 2 dual channel dash cams in my car to have full coverage on all angles. I used a Thinkware Q800Pro and a Viofo A129 Duo.
Here's the video

Last edited:
Nice, I'll check out the video when I am at home. I definitely think for 4 channel setups like this it's always best to go for a set of 2 x 2ch cameras, and have them in the configuration you have.

I've found most rear cameras work well on side windows (which are mostly vertical) plus you get the advantage of the using the main cameras front and rear (better for capturing numberplates). The side cameras are less likely to need to capture numberplates (on average).

My current planned setup is one set front and left (relative to driver) and the other set rear and right. This also keep wiring runs to a minimal as well.

I prefer a front and rear normal setup, and then a right and left, not least as i feel that in over 9 of 10 times i only need the front and/or rear footage for my uploads.
BUT ! to use a conventional dual channel system for side windows, you either like me need fixed glass to mount off, and don't mind stealth as a current front unit are pretty big.
So the coming dual remote systems will be ideal for side use as their cameras are very small, and so as easy as possible to install on side glass or elsewhere.
I am personal fortunate that on both my front and rear doors there is a fixed glass, but some cars also have a fixed glass in the D pillar ASO.
I will probably start looking for a wider FOV lens for my side cameras later in the year, cuz close to the car i don't have a 360 coverage, that only happen as you get at a few paces distance.

So anyone wanting 4 channels i would urge to jusg get the front and rear system now, and then pick up a dual remote system in a few months when they hit the market from multiple brands.

Back