360 degree motion sensor indoor parking surveillance

voon

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Since this isn't a dashcam only question, I put it here. I try to have a single unit with a 360 degree view to do parking lot indoor surveillance. This is to record anyone smashing their door inside my car or keying it etc. The dashcams I have on front and back windowshield are not useful for this .. I need soemthing inside my car to monitor all sides. I can't tap it into the shut off cars power (and I don't want to .. no money or nerves for removing the cars panels etc), so it needs its own battery for say 5 hours of motion detection or constant runtime. I was thinking 360 degree action cameras, but it seems they dont come with motion detection usually .. otherwise I could use a Xiamo 360 or so for this. It has to be easy to use (hence just one unit). Park, put on dash or so, leave car .. no hassle, no several units etc.

Any suggestions?

It is a bit problematic if you are in a public space, i have a IP camera aimed on my car where it is parked in the back yard.
A little problematic as i have a 2 floor apartment, so my view of the car are somewhat downward, still i am sure i can get a identifying shot as i am zoomed in.
It use to be the back yard was pitch black at night, but a few month ago we got a PIR light put up and the LED actually put out a lot of light.
Another option that also come up often in here is to use a trail camera normally used by hunters, but its not 360 and they are often in a shape that can make them hard to hide.

192.168.0.5_CAM 1_main_20180612222912.jpg

Yeah at home I already got something to watch private space. It's more a mobile thing .. when you're doing your groceries.

Back