Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Viofo A119 V3
All fitted in no time, very easy.

Not used it in anger yet, but ....

The adjustment of the lens is more than enough and seems tight enough to resist accidental movement.

Certainly a well designed mount which allows very easy cam fit and removal without having to realign it when next fitted ala the stalk units that I always moved when taking off the GPS mount.

Side covers come off with a fingernail - oh no they don't, they are tight and need a small flat tip screwdriver. I may leave the one off that houses the mini usb slot. No issue as that side, for my passenger side fit, is up against the rear view mirror sensor housing so is partially hidden.

Announcements, which can be turned off, are quite loud.

Not clever photos as it's in the garage:

l1diBOX.jpg

pCx9wkE.jpg

Very pleased.

Last edited:
Would have gone a but higher? looking at the lens from the outside. Or is the wide angle wide enough to nearly get the dots in?

No missing that event button :)

I would probably have tried to get the camera a little higher too, but i also did that with my SG965GC and as that turned out i got it so high up that i was barely able to take it off the mount, so thats one thing to consider too.

With regards to the height, that's as high as it will go without me dashcamming black dots. It is very wide angle, both vertical and horizontal. Unlike my 402 and 412 this one shows both A pillars, and a lot more dash.

The unit is stuck to and hidden by the dots so is more discrete, flatter to the screen.

I had WiFi running and watched the output as I slid it vertically to and fro. As soon as the dots went out of view I held it firm and put a small black felt tip mark on a screen dot to mark where it needed to go. I then stuck the mount with the cam off so I could apply more pressure.
Again the poor quality photo makes it look like it's not stuck on one side and is wonky, but it's centred, vertical and rock solid.

Last edited:
To nearly quote MRD. "Well (giggle) you would, wouldn't you"

Haha - some had been worried about the Nextbase logo, especially in the super intrusive location I put it in my car!

Last edited:
The sharpness done look too bad i think, maybe Nextbase play with sharpness setting in firmware, a thing Lukas also like to do at least back in the day.

The first video in the beginning the camera do struggle and throw up a lot of blocking as it cant keep up with all the stuff going on, but once the trees are cleared it do okay for 10 mbit.

I'm finding Replay, Firefox and VLC 3 are fine.

Windows Media Player can't handle the speed (I tweaked WMP to handle H264 files for the 412).

I'm playing on a SSD and 16Gb RAM so power isn't an issue.

I've used the Replay Edit feature to create smaller files to publish but once created, Firefox reckons they are corrupt and the other players are jerky. My 402 & 412 files when edited smaller are fine.

The files are still H264 so I wonder what the difference is.

Last edited:
Did you manage to buy just one or did you have to buy two?

I bought one, but under special conditions. For the time being you need to buy 2.

I've now had chance to play the whole trip I did this morning.

On those early clips there is some 'noise' down the bottom left of the windscreen that doesn't seem to appear as prominent on later clips. This one looks quite clean:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn4g1q73a8o98ld/180309_100713_009.MOV?dl=0

(This link will be dead at some point when I need more Dropbox space)

2 more bonuses:

1) No 'Lo' files. You can select 1, 2 or 3 minute clips. If you're going to WiFi then choose 1 minute.
2) The unit has normal and update mode. In update mode I can cut/paste clips to my PC instead of the 412 copy/paste/format to clean the card.

As he said on Scrapheap Challenge - "Proper Job"
coVDjmZ.gif

No sound K? Jeez. Those lights don't stay green for long do they?
I think it could do with a polariser to remove windscreen reflections though. But at least they are fairly unobtrusive, but I wonder what they will be like with the sun on the screen, when that sort of thing is at its worst.
I want one (or two)

It is a dismal day but the windscreen glare is nothing like my 412 without filter. Sunny day - what's that ?

It's early days but so far so good. Be interesting to hear what Tiffany thinks of my current sky v road angle. I think I may have too much sky ?

And, yes, sound off. not everyone likes the Moody Blues or MagicFM.

Footage is very good!

Last edited:
I love how smooth it is :p

10 seconds into that first clip, is that an extremely rare classic Lamborghini Jalpa??

Last edited:
Just downloading/viewing now, is it me or did the Audi go through a red light? :eek:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 380GW 3
Back