380GW downloading files.

Vinegarjoe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got new 380GW F/R dash cams. Having a few issues. Trying to connect via Samsung S7 edge. Have to switch the phone off and back on the establish wi-fi connection. Any advice welcome.

Next when I try to download files, after tagging the files it starts to download to phone but fails at about 80% through. Tried my iPad and the same thing happens. Again, any advice welcome.

Rgds

Hi there,

What firmware is the 380GW on please?
Do you have automatic WiFi set on the dash cam?
Do the files play over WiFi/on a computer?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi there, thx for the reply.
Firmware updated yesterday.
No, need to press the button for wi-fi.
Yes can play files from the camera.
Just tried it again. Connected and downloaded 6 files. No probs.
Tried again downloading 5 files, got to file #2 and lost connection.
BTW when downloading all 3 LEDs on. After failure get red triangle on.
Try and explain please. Confusing me.....lol
Thx Phil

Hi again,

1) Do you have the 380GW or the 380GWX please?

2) What size/brand micro SD card are you using please?

3) Where was the SD card and Dash Cam purchased from?

4) What Version of the CamViewer app are you using please?
It should be Version 2.3.10.

5) What Firmware is the Dash Cam on please?
If you have the 380GWX, it should be on FW R3.2.
If you have the 380GW, it should be on R11.5.

6) When exactly does the disconnecting/ red triangle occur?
Are you downloading one set of files, then straight away trying to download the second set of files and the connection fails? Or
Are you disconnecting from the Dash Cam between the two batches of downloading files. E.g. turning the Cam off/ walking away from the car/ waiting a day.

7) Do you have Parking Mode turned on? If yes, please turn off Parking Mode and re-try downloading. Do you have the same issue?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these questions.
Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi there

380GWX

Card supplied by Nextbase

Camviewer V2.3.10

Dowloaded latest firmware to cam on Wednesday.

Downloaded one set of 6 files, then straight away tried to download the second set of 5 files, failed during download of file #2. Not new, has failed a few times before.

Parking mode is on. Had the issue BEFORE turning parking mode on. However will try again....

Rgds

Phil

Hi again

Just tried again. Switched Parking mode off, and managed to download two sets of 6 one after the other, so maybe I got the bit about parking mode wrong, (been trying so many combos!!!)

Obviously there are dozens of files in the card. Realistically, how many can I download at a time??

What difference should parking mode cause and should I switch it on and off when downloading.

That's one success but will try a few times more before declaring success..

Rgds

Phil

Hi Phil,

In that case it sounds like Parking Mode is kicking in after a period of inactivity and it's causing the download to stop. The Cam is then coming on and recording a Protected File, hence why the red warning triangle is illuminating.
I've reported this bug to the Development Team, who are now looking into developing a work-around in the next Firmware release.

To successfully download your files in the meantime, please turn off Parking Mode when you wish to download files.

Thank you for all of your help diagnosing this bug, I really appreciate the time you've taken to help.

If there's anything else I can do to help or you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Further problems. Went on a shopping trip today. When home switched off parking mode and downloaded files. The WHOLE return journey (20 mins) went unrecorded. The last file was a shop window, the next my garage door....20 minutes missing in between...... Explain this one please. Only had this thing a week and nothing but problems. Need some answers before I contact Lexus (the installer) the rip it out and refund.

Hi again,

The only reasonable reasons for that to happen is either:
1) That the cam didn't boot up correctly
2) The Cam's recording was manually stopped

Did you inadvertently stop the camera recording when turning parking mode off?
I know it's a basic question, but it helps greatly with the troubleshooting.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Did not touch the camera, or access with my phone prior to the journey, all I did was get an and drive away. I only tried to download the files AFTER the journey was complete, when I switched off parking mode and downloaded the files. I can attach the files here if it will me and they are not too big. They are 14.6MB and two @ 91MB so wouldn't imagine I could send them.

So what it boils down to here is your camera is unreliable. As a security device that is totally unacceptable. Where do we go from here

Last edited:
Hi there.
Need more than one response per day. Cannot contact your company any way but here. Tried telephone, get through then onto annoying music line, tried MULTIPLE times, no answer after ten minutes so give up. This is a LOCAL call, not a freephone BTW.
Tried Facebook.....no reply. Tried website......no reply either. Seems this forum is the only method to get a response and if lucky, that is one response per day.
Customer service is shocking!!!!

Hi Joe,

We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service, I'm sorry to hear that you do not feel this to be your own experience.
I work as a Technical Engineer across many forums and platforms as well as in the Support center. I check on the Forums every working day for updates, but I'm sure you can understand that there are many other customers who also have legitimate inquiries.
We are available 7 days a week at 02920 866429, on Live Chat or at support@nextbase.com.

I suggest emailing the support email and getting a Ticket Number, then your inquiry will be dealt with by an Engineer. We will then also be able to get a full history and be able to provide long term technical support.

Nextbase does not own Dashcamtalk. We are on here to provide Technical Advice. If you require a dedicated service or would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us directly.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

What Micro SD card do you recommend for the 380GWX, please?

How often to format/replace??

Last edited:
I personality have never had a single issue with my 2 year old Samsung 128Gb Evo U3 card.

There's a thread here somewhere, posted by me, about it.

Hi there,
Camera still giving probs. 4 times now has completely missed a journey. Been a problem since day one. Been in contact with Nextbase regularly, one of the engineers thought it might be the SD card and sent me a new one which I installed, however problem still there. Contacted Nextbase again and this time was told to take it back to the seller. The seller is a main dealer (Lexus). They took the car for a couple of days, but however the problem, being intermittent, did not show. They requested me to run it with Parking Mode off, which I did for a week with no problems. I have recorded EVERY journey since then, taking the camera off EVERY DAY, and analysing the whole setup. After a week I re-formatted the SD card and replaced. Switched Parking Mode ON and tried again. Problem re-surfaced yesterday and camera missed a journey. Have contacted the main dealer again and they are gong to talk to Lexus UK and to Nextbase. However my fear is they will take it in and test it, and no fault will show. They will then send it out as No Fault Found, and we'll begin the whole thing again, where I will continually have to remove the camera every day to check if that days journeys were recorded.. I KNOW there is a problem with the camera, ( the dealer has checked the installation and all is ok), but how do I prove it. If it does not record a journey, how do I prove I was even ON the journey in the first place?????
Very frustrating as the thing is only a few weeks old, and now, how can I ever trust it?
The camera needs replaced IMHO.

No, replaced by Nextbase with another of the same. I reckon this one is faulty. It is only weeks old and been a prob since day one.

Last edited:
More on this. Contacted Nextbase today. Nice guy. Told him of all my probs. Checked out various things most ok, but the most interesting thing to come out was that I had firmware v3.5 in my dash cam. He checked it out and reckoned the latest stable firmware rev is v3.2!!!!!
He sent me the binary file and I forced a firmware update. So now sitting with v3.2. Version 3.5 got in there because on day one, there is an update firmware button on Nextbase Replay 3, which I thought was the way to go. Obviously not.
So, my testing goes on with the new firmware "upgrade".
They really need to find out how an unstable version of firmware (if indeed it is!!) got on their server in the first place.

More on this ......again!!!!
After reverting firmware to v3.2 on Sunday. Problem re-surfaced again this morning. So problem not fixed.
Camera completely missed a journey again today. Recorded the outward journey, but completely missed the return journey.
This has been happening since day one. Only had it SIX weeks.
Not getting anywhere.......
Where are you Nextbase????????

Back