380GW Help

JakJunior001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently bought a second hand car that has a next base 380gw already installed. I’m guessing it’s hardwired because all i see if the little power part poking out into the camera.

It has a next base card 32gb

I downloaded the app and formatted the card as it was full of locked videos from the previous owner. When i start my car the yellow light is solid confirmation of my GPS and the red light flashes confirming that it’s recording. When i log into the app and connect to the camera it does also state that the camera is recording. However, when i finish my journey, connect via wifi and check go to videos, it doesn’t save ANY video for the journey. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and did 3-4 journey over the last day and it has saved 1 video.

Anyone know whats happening and can help me out?

Thanks,
Jack

Have you interrogated the card itself rather than relying on Wifi ?

What you can do is lift off the unit and connect it directly to a PC USB port to view what's on the card.

I’ve recently bought a second hand car that has a next base 380gw already installed. I’m guessing it’s hardwired because all i see if the little power part poking out into the camera.

It has a next base card 32gb

I downloaded the app and formatted the card as it was full of locked videos from the previous owner. When i start my car the yellow light is solid confirmation of my GPS and the red light flashes confirming that it’s recording. When i log into the app and connect to the camera it does also state that the camera is recording. However, when i finish my journey, connect via wifi and check go to videos, it doesn’t save ANY video for the journey. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and did 3-4 journey over the last day and it has saved 1 video.

Anyone know whats happening and can help me out?

Thanks,
Jack
Hello Jack,

It sounds like the SD card is not recording correctly.
Regarding the recording lengths, the camera will record continuously in small segments (1,2, or 3 minutes). It will record these segments consecutively until the SD card is full. Then the oldest piece of footage will be deleted and the newest will be saved in it's place. This will continue looping and is called Continuous Overwriting. The Dash Cam does this automatically to allow for more footage to be recorded and the old, unnecessary footage to be deleted without manual intervention.

However Protected Files are not overwritten in the same way as normal files. If you do not format regularly, these files can build up and reduce the capacity of storage available for normal footage. It is essential to format every two weeks to delete any protected files and clear the card ready for continued usage.

If the previous owners had not correctly maintained the card, the card may be failing. I'd recommend replacing the SD card to allow the camera to function again, and ensuing your format the card via the camera every two-three weeks.

Would you like me to show you how to format via the camera?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Yes please Millie, i will give it a shot and see if it works.

Like i say, the camera does record as the red light is slowly flashing as the instructions say, but it never saves anything as when i connect my phone and check videos, nothing is there its just empty.

Yes please Millie, i will give it a shot and see if it works.

Like i say, the camera does record as the red light is slowly flashing as the instructions say, but it never saves anything as when i connect my phone and check videos, nothing is there its just empty.
Hello Jack,

You can re-format the card by two methods;

1) On the Dash Cam Itself
2) On a Computer

1) On the Dash Cam:
a) Turn on the Dash Cam
b) Stop it recording
c) Click and hold the red triangle for 6 seconds.
d) The yellow LED will then flash.

2) On a Computer:
a) Plug the SD card into the SD card port, or plug the provided USB cable into the port on the side of the camera. To connect the Dash Cam in Update mode, press and hold the Protect button during connection of the USB cable. Release the button once the Wi-Fi button flashes blue.
b) When the drive appears, right click on the drive.
c) Select 'Format' (Windows) or 'Erase' (Mac)
e) Do not click the 'Quick Format box'. Please ensure it's formatted as exFAt or FAT32.
f) Follow the instructions.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process.

We recommend reformatting the SD card every 2-3 weeks to prolong the life of the card.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back