380GWX 128GB+ SD Card Suggestions

StarmanUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 380GWX & 522GW
Hoping for some suggestions - dealer installed a 380GWX front & rear setup which was supplied with a Nextbase branded 32GB card which due to use of front and rear only captures approx. 2hours total without the protected videos.

I purchased a SanDisk Extreme 128 GB microSDXC A2 Class 10 UHS-I U3 V30 model thinking this would be suitable but I found out that rear camera stopped recording a few days after install, and then yesterday the camera stopped recording and intermittently not responding. Nextbase support advised the card is not suitable for required functions they suggested their own models but I find the price rather excessive for the 128GB model and also very hard find actually in stock.

Would anyone suggest a 128GB U3/C10 high endurance with a sustained 40MB/s write speed MicroSD card that is compatible with this model?

Last edited:
Samsung 128GB Evo Plus Micro SD Card (SDXC) UHS-I U3 + Adapter - 100MB/s

but I found out that rear camera stopped recording a few days after install, and then yesterday the camera stopped recording and intermittently not responding.
But does it work OK with the original card?

With the original 32GB installed and the rear camera plugged in the unit powers up then shutdown after 20 seconds with occisionally it will simply lock up and a reset button press is required. Without the rear camera connected the front unit works normally using the original 32GB card [as it was with the Sandisk 128GB card too].

Nextbase support are sending me a replacement 32GB SD card along with the rear camera cable which I'll be contacting the dealer to swap out (while they also repair damage to the trim they did during original install).

Following up - I eventually traced the stability problems to a loose connection on the rear camera. The rear has a short 6" hardwired tail that is terminated with a 3.5mm headphone style jack that plugs into a female jack this was not flush with a small ~2mm gap - once pushed flush and front camera restarted it now works correctly.

I have applied some insulating tape round the jacks to avoid a repeat.

I purchased a Nextbase 128GB SD card and tested with h2testw/Chkflsh/CrystalDiskMark - which passed with a simular read/write performance to the original Sandisk but I suspect the issues were caused by the loose rear camera connection.

Can't really fault Nextbase telephone support they sent be a replacement 32GB SD, a rear camera cable, and (in error) hardware kit. Email on the other hand simply advised me to return it to the installing dealer.

Last edited:
Back