3d printed case for the lens, anyone have it?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone have a 3d printed case for the lens? I use a lens extension and find mounting it hard in my car. It would be great to have a 3d printed case for it. Does anyone have one, or a design for one?

Thanks

Found a design for one by googling for a image of one.

The guy who designed it was in Europe. You could download the design from his web page for free. I found many people locally with 3-D printers and had someone print me 2 sets for $10. Canadian, about $7. USD.

It comes in 2 parts, the section that actually holds the lens, and the base that the lens holder can be bolted into, this allows you to swivel the lens up and down. I glued the base to a metal bracket designed to hold Bluetooth devices to a sun visor, the combination works awesome.

You might need to shave the lens holder with a nail file or a Dremel tool to get an ideal fit, minor adjustments at worst.

Took me 1 minute with my Dremel to get a perfect fit.

~Jeff

Found a design for one by googling for a image of one.

The guy who designed it was in Europe. You could download the design from his web page for free. I found many people locally with 3-D printers and had someone print me 2 sets for $10. Canadian, about $7. USD.

It comes in 2 parts, the section that actually holds the lens, and the base that the lens holder can be bolted into, this allows you to swivel the lens up and down. I glued the base to a metal bracket designed to hold Bluetooth devices to a sun visor, the combination works awesome.

You might need to shave the lens holder with a nail file or a Dremel tool to get an ideal fit, minor adjustments at worst.

Took me 1 minute with my Dremel to get a perfect fit.

~Jeff
Do you have the website or link?

Back