3DR review video, and lasting impressions

Strange_Hitbox

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey dashcammers,

I had the SGG9663DR for a few months now and really put it through its paces. Here's the review video.

Like:
  • Hidden and separate DVR is different, but easier to use than one that's on a vertical windshield. Also keeps it hidden from the hot sun.
  • Love the big red "panic" button, which you can press if you get into an accident. Which stays illuminated at night time.
  • Very small, concealable form factor. Smallest cameras I've ever seen in all my years of dashcamming
Don't like:
  • Footage is good, but not as good as other SG models I've used (like the DCPro+). However Street Guardian notified me that they will be releasing a firmware update which will resolve this.
  • Trickier installation since the separate DVR's cables need to be routed elsewhere.

Yes really looking forward to this massive IQ update, and very nice it will be hitting all of their models as i understand it.
I agree install are a bit trickier, though in sense there are just 2 more wires, but the remote main unit is something else for sure, even if i had already tried a dual remote system before i got my hand on the DR.
But not a dislike for me, just the nature of a different beast.

You forgot to mention, as the main unit can be hidden, there is a MIC in the remote button so you can get crisp sound and not muffled glove box / elsewhere sound.

PS. you should see the K2S cameras, they are 1/2 the size of the DR cameras, so small i cant see how you could ever out a CPL filter on them.

Last edited:
Back