3M Tape came off from the plastic side

What really doesn't help is the units design. The buttons on the bottom counter-lever the unit if pressed with too much force.

I've noticed the same thing. If the tape adhesion is weak pressing any of the buttons exacerbates the problem. Even average force is enough to make the camera pull away from the bond.

OK guys, add another one to your list. I purchased a V3 in Australia Mar 2017. Returning home from a trip 8 Sep and camera fell off windscreen. Backing plate still on windscreen, Mounting plate still on camera. Pushed it back on but came off again after about 10 minutes. Followed mounting instructions to the letter and even let stand longer that instructed.

OK guys, add another one to your list. I purchased a V3 in Australia Mar 2017. Returning home from a trip 8 Sep and camera fell off windscreen. Backing plate still on windscreen, Mounting plate still on camera. Pushed it back on but came off again after about 10 minutes. Followed mounting instructions to the letter and even let stand longer that instructed.

can you message me your details and I'll send you a replacement tomorrow

Please send me PM with your details and I am going to look after you.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Hi Niko,

Bought a V3 model from you via Amazon UK about a year ago. Was unlucky with the adhesive tape. Have exhausted all the spare dodgy adhesives that came shipped. Is there any chance of getting the improved adhesive mounts please?

Cheers.

Hi Niko,

Bought a V3 model from you via Amazon UK about a year ago. Was unlucky with the adhesive tape. Have exhausted all the spare dodgy adhesives that came shipped. Is there any chance of getting the improved adhesive mounts please?

Cheers.

Send me PM with your address.

I bought my camera last year, and the first time it approached 90F it fell off in the same way.

I've read a bunch of replies, and I believe I was aware this could have been an issue when I purchased my camera from Amazon.

So the question is, is the spare tape included in the box going to work (ie from the new batch etc) or should I got ahead and jump to a the home remedies?

Thanks

My camera fell off and left the plastic mount on the screen. I've already changed it once 6 months ago and the same thing has happened again. What type do I use now? Its about 18 months old.

My camera fell off and left the plastic mount on the screen. I've already changed it once 6 months ago and the same thing has happened again. What type do I use now? Its about 18 months old.

Looks like you’re in Australia. @jokiin will send you the updated stuff.

Message me your address details and I'll get some replacement tape sent out for you

Received the new tape in the mail, Thankyou.

Back