#4 dashcam ready to go in car

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Here is a fjew pics of my mobius on the mount that will hold it in the left side of my car.

WP_20151120_005%5B1%5D.jpg

WP_20151120_004%5B1%5D.jpg

WP_20151120_001%5B1%5D.jpg

What is that bracket and where did you source it? Also are you going to screw it into the case, the mount sleeve, or what? Perhaps glue it in? It does look very sleek and clean!

Phil

@SawMaster
Thats a bracket that came with the little analog box cctv cameras i use to run, the same are allso used for small IP cameras, and the housings allso seem to be used in regard to FPV.

Like in the old setup its just secrewd into the headliner with a self tapping screw, and most of the base ( round ) part wedge in under the rubber seal around my door opening.

After i installed it i saw it do actually drop down pretty much, so i might cut the 2 "arms" in half to get the camera to sit up higher.

Here is a simmilar box housing i found on fleabay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111660747607
If you have a little DIY skills and a workbench and a little tools i cant see how hard it could be to fab up somthing simmilar using a little sheet metal that should be enuff to carry a small & light camera like the mobius.

I think its the same my mounts are made of, the metal is soft as snot and can easey be mangled up, but with the bends in it its rigid enuff to support the mobius.

I just drilled 2 1 mm holes in the back part of the mobius case, and then used 2 small self tapping screws.
Did have to turn my capasitors 90 degrees as the 2 screws i used are about 8 mm long so they do go some way into the case, if i had a workbench and tools i would offcourse shorten those 2 screws after i used them 1 time to make the "thread" in the mobius case.

I think like this and with a little dualsided tape on the base of the mount, you might even be able to use it on the windscreen as a pretty small sleek mount.
Just have to take into account where you make the 2 holes in the mobius case Vs the slope of your windscreen.

Allso put some dualsided tape on a coin sized ( 1/2 - 1 " ) neodynium magnet, and then have that magnet grip on the metal mount, that would be a nice fast disconnectable and adjustable mount i think.

Last edited:
That's a ridiculous mount kamkar and your fired :cool:

Just a little update to this as i have modified the mounting of the dashcam.

The reason i modified is the small micro sd cards, i really cant be botheres with messing with those small MOFOs, so what i do is retrive the whole camera.
So i folded up a pice of metal so it can just slide over my headliner, and this in turn is allso held im place by the rubber trim around my rear door.
WP_20160126_004.jpg

I still use the metal mount as before, but i will glue 2 neodynium magnets to it ( round Dia 12 mm - 6 mm thick ) and when the glue is dry i will seal it all inside a layer or 2 of plastidip.
As it is right now i have just secured the 2 magnets with some duct tape, this will do for now.
WP_20160126_003.jpg

Fits like a glove though i still have to modify the mount a little, cuz as you can see the camera sit a lot lower than need be.
Allso i will glue the mount to the camera too, the 2 little screws have little hold, so when i have the angle i want it will get glue too.

This way instead of risking launching the little SD card i now take the whole camera out with 1 hand in a matter of seconds, with no card launch risk.

Don't you have a tiny car?
Hope you have room to sit with all those cameras inside. :D

Just a little update to this as i have modified the mounting of the dashcam.

i will glue the mount to the camera too, the 2 little screws have little hold, so when i have the angle i want it will get glue too.

Looks good!

Why not just add an extra screw to secure the mount where you want it instead of using messy glue? That way you could adjust the aim of the camera if you want to use it in a different location in the future.

kamkarmount.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the car is small, but it is allso a 5 door, and its rare i have ppl on the rear seat so if i wanted to i could install 2 old VHS camcorders there :D

I am planning ( just now tonight after this update ) to loose the old mount and maybe bend some form of metal cradle that can house the camera, and have the angle i want up and down.
But the U&D angle seem to matter little, i may have the camera a fjew degrees under horisontal.

Think my worries stem from the innovv C3 in the other side of the car, but it allso have a 90 deg lens, and the wide mobius lens is a lot more forgiving to work with.

The C3 sit off the backside of the B pillar, the mobius sit a little further back, more than needed but ATM i think its 4 inches or so from the back side of the B pillar, so there is a chance to bump the camera with the head getting in and out of my car, but as i said i only have ppl on the back seat once every year on average.

Anyway if the mobius do get bumped, its just a matter of putting it back. :D no biggie

Okay i have modified this again, lost the metal mount and put the 2 magnets on the camera ( with duct tape right now, but will glue them in place soon )

This seem much better, install about as high as it can in my window, and if i am not carefull the camera lens will hit the door window.

I know it seem a bit wobbely, but so far i have not seen any jello in the footage, will go for a drive soon as today is sunshine and that will give me a better chance to detect jello if its there.
The 2 neodynium have a allmighty good grip on the metal i installed on the headliner, i doubt the camera will come loose in a crash, unless offcourse if i get T-boned on the right side of my car :eek: that might do it, but allso give me other things but dashcams to think about.

WP_20160203_003.jpg

WP_20160203_002.jpg

will snap a couple of phone pics on my drive of the camera as seen from the inside and outside as it is now.

Okay i have modified this again, lost the metal mount and put the 2 magnets on the camera ( with duct tape right now, but will glue them in place soon )

This seem much better, install about as high as it can in my window, and if i am not carefull the camera lens will hit the door window.

I know it seem a bit wobbely, but so far i have not seen any jello in the footage, will go for a drive soon as today is sunshine and that will give me a better chance to detect jello if its there.
The 2 neodynium have a allmighty good grip on the metal i installed on the headliner, i doubt the camera will come loose in a crash, unless offcourse if i get T-boned on the right side of my car :eek: that might do it, but allso give me other things but dashcams to think about.

WP_20160203_003.jpg

WP_20160203_002.jpg

will snap a couple of phone pics on my drive of the camera as seen from the inside and outside as it is now.
In a pinch, duct tape always works. Nice job

4 more pics.
m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

Just noticed today the 2 magnets grab hold so good i allmost pulled the folded over metal off my headliner, seem like i have to be more carefull and use both hands when taking the camera off the mount.

Allso in my footage today i dident really see any jello, but it was allso on pretty good roads, will have to bring my car to the forrest the next time we go for a walk with the little RC trucks.

This is what the mobius capture.

Last edited:
Back