4 Good Native 4K action cameras tested Side by side

bobflyman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finally got round to making a comparison test video of 4 good native 4K 'budget' action cameras. Budget in as much as cheaper than GoPro; ThiEYE t5e and Firefly S8, which both performed well, are sub £80 on promotion at the moment. The other two are closer to £170 and £200+ (Links on the videos.) There are two versions of the video, one VERY long, with 1080 60 and 4K clips but rendered at 1080 60 fps. And the other just has the 4K test clips but is rendered at 4K. There's a link to the short one in comments and on the video. Xiaomi yi2 was marginally the best. Best EIS (gyro stabilisation) Longest battery life and slightly better video quality, but 3 times the price of the lowest priced!

Nice review :)

Thanks, I did it for myself as well as others as the action camera market is huge and very confusing! Not a vast difference now between the sub £100 and those twice or three times the price in my opinion.

Yes when shopping for a action camera you have to be careful of 2 things at least.

1. Cheap cameras that are bad
2. Expensive cameras that are not exponentially better than a good cheap camera.

That being said i would pay a little extra for a company that support their product and customers, dont have to be knee-fall just what common decency dictate.

Viofo released F1 4k action camera,maybe you can have a check also.:)

I would love to but i am just bleeding money on other fronts now, and trying hard to save up for a hardware upgrade on the computer ( motherbord - cpu - ram - GFX - CPU cooling head and maybe most likely PSU too )
But F1 look promising and it do have my favorite shape for a Action camera

Back