4 Metre Charging Cable for Mobius

It should work. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread I've used 5 meter cables for quite a long time now to run Mobius cameras with no problems.
When you say the Mobius hasn't recorded anything what does the camera do? Does the camera power up? Does the rear red LED slowly blink?

Thanks for your help. You were right, I tried my other mobius camera with the 5 metre cable and it was recording. The problem the "auto start record" setting was deactivated :-(
I'm so ashamed.

Thanks for your help. You were right, I tried my other mobius camera with the 5 metre cable and it was recording. The problem the "auto start record" setting was deactivated :-(
I'm so ashamed.

No reason to be ashamed. :) We all do stuff like that all the time, especially with the Mobius where you don't know what the settings are on your camera until you go back and connect it to your computer again.

In the end it's good to learn that the problem was just a simple setting choice instead of a hardware failure of some kind.

I use a 10m usb extension with my camera, the only thing is that I had to make a charging-only cable. Because of the repeater, the Mobius thought it was connected to a computer and always turned on in card reader mode.

I use a 10m usb extension with my camera, the only thing is that I had to make a charging-only cable. Because of the repeater, the Mobius thought it was connected to a computer and always turned on in card reader mode.

Do you make your own cables from scratch or do you modify existing 5 pin cables? I've been clipping the data wires in standard cables, leaving only the power wires and then repairing with heat shrink tubing but have considered making up my own cables. If you do make your own, I'd love to hear about your experiences do so.

Do you make your own cables from scratch or do you modify existing 5 pin cables? I've been clipping the data wires in standard cables, leaving only the power wires and then repairing with heat shrink tubing but have considered making up my own cables. If you do make your own, I'd love to hear about your experiences do so.

our power leads from the GC work fine with the Mobius also if you need to use a long cable at any time

I modified a short cable I already had and kept the extension intact. I looked into making it from scratch, but I'd have to buy 50x more material than I needed.

our power leads from the GC work fine with the Mobius also if you need to use a long cable at any time

Yes, thanks! I use USB-A to mini-B cables with dual 4.8 amp USB cigar lighter adapters so as to facilitate connecting the cams to power banks. On occasions I've powered the Mobius with standard 5v car chargers including from the SG. :)

I modified a short cable I already had and kept the extension intact. I looked into making it from scratch, but I'd have to buy 50x more material than I needed.

Sounds like we've had similar experience. To actually make these cables from scratch properly apparently requires an appropriate crimper too, so it probably wouldn't be worth the investment in the whole business unless one intended to make up a bunch of cables. :)

I got mine made with gold ferrite from monoprice 15ft. Around 5m

Paid $5

Back