4-view cam mounted below wing-mirrors?

sejtam

Reaction score
Is there any dashcam system that consists of 4 cameras mounted as follows:
On each side, under/in the wing-mirrors looking fwd and back each?

That would give the best view of all surrounding the car

Of course if you fold your mirrors when parking the angle would change.. Not sure
parking recording would work well then...

any other smart arrangements out there? In/below the wing-mirror struts, so it does not move?
But might be too near to the body of the car for good viewing angle?

Mounting any camera "outside" is going to expose them to the weather and smashed bugs on the lens.

Is there any dashcam system that consists of 4 cameras mounted as follows:
On each side, under/in the wing-mirrors looking fwd and back each?
Just wondering if you have found or created anything?

Mounting any camera "outside" is going to expose them to the weather and smashed bugs on the lens.
This is what would concern me too. I am currently working on an idea to film the sides of the car due to a recent incident that happened over the weekend. I think a very small camera would probably need to be used that has the ability to record clear images at night and be able to film through the glass without any reflections. I do know that it is possible because I have been testing a few cameras. The main issue with fixing the camera on the outside of the vehicle is that it really would need to be able to withstand the snow, ice etc. It would be interesting to know how the external cameras do cope in such weather conditions actually.

Back