402G Turns off and then back on without power

AG-Spike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reinstalled my Nextbase 402G after a recent near accident I wish I had captured, so after two years without use the battery was no longer taking charge and the camera would just immediately turn off when the car ignition was turned off (hardwire kit). So I gt a replacement battery and gave it a good charge and updated the firmware (R09) whilst I was getting it ready to be used again, but now I have a new problem, it seems the camera will cut off like before but immediately turn back on again and stay on (as in the screen) until the battery runs out and the 'Low Battery' message displays and it beeps. Any idea what is going on with this? Is it the firmware? Is it somehow the new battery despite it charging and holding charge?

Never mind, seems I was being a bit of an idiot, and reading the manual again I realised that when I had it on charge out of the car, I was turning off the camera thinking it would still charge... therefore the 'issue' I was encountering was a very low, but working, battery. Still a little odd how upon power loss it would immediate turn off and then come back on again, but at least it should be resolved starting with a full battery and only ever running for 10 seconds after power loss.

EDIT: Actually it was not the battery not charging when I thought it was, it seems to freeze sometimes and remain on, thus draining the battery, and if it does not get enough charge again for the next journey, what I said happens in my first post still happens.

Last edited:
Back