412 gw, Tearing hair out!

Loobylou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie here. Recently purchased 2 412gw's back in August, one for my car, one for other half's.
I'm now on camera number 2 after the first one went back as the internal battery kept dying as the parking mode kept recording whilst nothing was happening ( maybe a small fly kept going past and farting ).
I've now had camera number 2 for a week and this one's worse!
I can charge it fully, put it in the car, leave car overnight and by the morning the low battery warning is back on again. Having just checked the files from today I've 15 minutes of unlocked recordings as well, when the car was parked up. It's hardwired to ignition live.
Really getting annoyed with this now, it was bought after someone drove into my car and drive off so the parking mode is important, but pointless of the battery keeps going flat.
Thinking we might return the other camera that hasn't been fitted yet and get a different one!
Anyone else had similar issues?

Yes, it's hardwired because I've only got one 12v socket that I use for other things, and I've wired it ignition live so it turns off when the car is turned off, but automatically uses its own battery when motion is detected in parking mode. The first camera worked perfectly fine for a couple of months, then it started recording protected files overnight although absolutely nothing was happening, and now the second camera is recording numerous unprotected 3 minute files, again, when nothing is happening!

Hello @Loobylou

The good news is this isn't a battery fault, its recording too many files throughout the night.

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Hi @NextBase Tiffany, I checked the camera and updated it before I put it in the car. It's version R16.2 now.

Last edited:
Back