412gw battery on the way out?

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
I’ve owned my 412gw pretty much it was released for sale in Halfords since November 2016 (originally released September 2016). Never given me a moments grive apart from 1 or 2 recent issues which I’ve put up on here over the last few months or so... anyway it’s always on charge through out the day in my Works Van via the Gps mount on the windscreen, every weekend I put it on charge for the recommendation of 90 minutes. Recently when I’ve taken the keys out of the ignition it comes up on the screen ‘low battery please connect to charger’ even though it’s been on charge all day. So I’m guessing the battery could be on the way out, so may be time for a new dash cam lol

These batteries are purported to only have a life of 300 to 500 full charge cycles so since 2016 you may well be at the battery charge cycle limit.
I think capacitors are the way forward in this as they last considerably longer and your average Joe, including me, would find battery replacement daunting for fear of cosmetic damage and bricking it.
If only they would make battery replacement as easy as normal battery items.

Last edited:
Based solely on what I read here on DCT (they don't market Nextbase here in the US), it seems batteries in the 412 and some of their other models don't last long. Nextbase does seem to be nice in replacing some gratis and in having most of them available for user-replaement, which is a lot more than you get from a lot of dashcam manufacturers. Contact them and see what they'll do for you ;)

Phil

I don’t think I’d bother with the hassle as I’d have to send it off for say a week for a battery replacement & i will be without a dashcam then. I have a mobius action camera & these have internal battery’s & capacitor battery’s that are easy to replace within 5 mins! Wish nextbase done this!

Maybe the next range will be easier.

Design based on previous issues ?

I doubt nextbase have listened to their customers ideas etc for the next dash cam range, I bet the battery will be an integral part of the dash cam & wont be able to remove that easy lol

Back