412GW Firmware R11.7

Jagmanmick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 PRO, 412GW, Mini 0801
Just noticed the new firmware update for the 412GW. Anyone know what the changes are?

I fix for parking mode and I assume some other improvements as I was recommended the update.

Tiffany will no doubt post when she sees this.

Had a look and then reverted to R9.5. Option to remove Nextbase has been replaced by the option to remove the model number. Lettering has been added to the top right of protected files telling you when it was protected.
Sorry but the top 2/3rds of the display should be totally clear. Put any additional info in the bottom 1/3rd which is normally the top of the dashboard or bonnet. The existing info can be smaller to accommodate this.
I was also getting 2 files recorded with the same time and date, one which said Lo at the end of the file name and the other that said Hi at the end of the file name. This is new.
Also on viewing a protected video in Nextbase Replay 3 the red font protected file info that has been added in the top right was momentarily changing to a yellow font model number for a couple of frames. What is all that about!
Don't know what the difference is in the Parking mode, option is still hidden away. The most used options should be on the first menu page. Very disappointed with this update so reverted back to R9.5

I haven't used mine yet since going to 11.7, must fire it up tomorrow.

There doesn't appear to be a way of turning off the dual files in the settings like the 612. That's going to fill cards quicker?

Be nice to get a full list of 11.7 changes. All I know is the cosmetic changes you've mentioned and a parking mode fix. I don't use PM so if that's it I'm switching back as well.

Edit: Yes, 2 files, that's going to be confusing/annoying.

As before, any info on all the changes ?

My request for the next firmware is the ability to delete files on the cam directly in Mass Storage mode (ala 402) and the ability to not produce the Lo files.

Ta ever so :)

Update: Gone back to 9.5, hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have a option for it to start recording in time lapse mode as soon as it goes into parking mode.

Yes time lapse or motion detect (not g sensor motion detect) would be great but I don't think the internal battery has the capacity, the dashcam would need to have a permanent 12v supply for that. I don't use PM I use an external battery power bank and have it permanently recording when parked up.

Yes, the 11.7 update for the 412GW updates:

Intelligent parking mode allowing you to leave it activated all the time,
Dual files to allow for smoother Wi-Fi transfer, this will take up around 10% more on your card (please bare in mind your camera can hold up to 128Gb cards),
The ability to update through Replay 3, this is an enormous update to improve the user experience.

The internal battery will last for 30 minutes whilst recording whilst not connected to power, that is 15 impacts. That is likely more than enough to sustain you until you retrieve your vehicle.

All in all its really worth updating, we are working on an option to remove the dual files along with the 612GW.

Thanks

I'll wait for the next release.

Any chance of allowing a cut/paste instead of just the copy/paste in mass storage mode ? (like my 402)

Is it indeed.

Just me being lazy rather than copy/paste then format to clear the card.

Thanks for the info Tiffany.

Krem request No 43:

Switch format to .MP4 so it plays through WMP :whistle:

Had a look and then reverted to R9.5. Option to remove Nextbase has been replaced by the option to remove the model number. Lettering has been added to the top right of protected files telling you when it was protected.
Sorry but the top 2/3rds of the display should be totally clear. Put any additional info in the bottom 1/3rd which is normally the top of the dashboard or bonnet. The existing info can be smaller to accommodate this.
I was also getting 2 files recorded with the same time and date, one which said Lo at the end of the file name and the other that said Hi at the end of the file name. This is new.
Also on viewing a protected video in Nextbase Replay 3 the red font protected file info that has been added in the top right was momentarily changing to a yellow font model number for a couple of frames. What is all that about!
Don't know what the difference is in the Parking mode, option is still hidden away. The most used options should be on the first menu page. Very disappointed with this update so reverted back to R9.5
How did you revert back to R9.5? As I’ve done the latest update and I’m not a big fan of the high & low saved files on the laptop. I would rather have a high file and that’s it done with much easier imo.

Thanks

I still had/have the 9.5 update saved so just put that on a card and it reverted back no problem. Same here, I don't want double files.

I'm happy to post a Dropbox link (but don't tell Tiffany) ;)

I'll wait to see if Nextbase have an issue with this though.

Last edited:
There is no issue at all with this, we have all versions available to send customers if they wish to revert back.

Of course we would just ensure you understand the features you'd be losing/changing as a result before just sending it to you. Intelligent parking mode would be lost (you'd have to turn parking mode on/off manually each time you need), you can't update through Replay 3 in the future.

If you need it get an email over to support@nextbase.co.uk and we can reply with it attached REF: me/this forum.

I don't use PM so no big issue there. Updating via Replay would be a bonus but sadly the 2 files overrides this for me.

How did you revert back to R9.5? As I’ve done the latest update and I’m not a big fan of the high & low saved files on the laptop. I would rather have a high file and that’s it done with much easier imo.

Thanks
Just a normal firmware change using the R9.5 firmware which I have a copy of.

Thankyou, I will try and download it this evening and load it into my 412gw and report back!

Not a fan of the 2 files either or the fact you can't remove the Nextbase from the upper part of the screen. No reason why it can't be moved to above the model number in the bottom third of the screen as should the protected file phrase that's been added to the top right.

I’m not a big fan of the 2 files reason being that I have a 64gb card & im worried that this will eat up the storage quicker, not really fussed about having a lower quality video?? The one recording will do for me as don’t want to upgrade to a 128gb just to store 2 files when recording

Back