412GW keeps turning on by itself and protecting files?

Rip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed my wife's new 412GW had a lot of protected files on it for some reason so I removed it from the car and put it on the kitchen table to deal with later but I noticed while it was sat there that it keeps turning itself on and immediately protecting its current file? It seems the slightest movement or even possibly sound causes it to turn on and protect a file.

I obviously thought this was related to the g-sensor setting, I think it was on Medium as default so I set it to Low but we're still getting the same issue?

I'm pretty sure that the parking mode G sensor is affected by the setting that you altered,

Yeah but it's super sensitive no matter what the setting, every time the the car door is closed it starts recording and protects the file. It was sat on a big chunky solid oak kitchen table yesterday and just a small cup being put down on the other end of the table made it turn on, start recording and protect the file, the memory card is constantly filling up with protected files which don't get overwritten.

Just to add my 312GW is set up exactly the same and does not have this problem.

Back