412GW - refuses to start up and screen is always blank

Cossack1932

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 412GW - been working great for a few years now. Took it off the car to download some recordings - when I put it back on the car, it refuses to start up and the screen is always blank/black.
I can see nothing on the screen at all.

Taken off the car again and charged for a few hours - the blue indicator light went off. Tried again off the car, to switch on and nothing. When I press the on/off button, all three function indicators (arrow up arrow down and the ! ) all show a blue light at the same time.

If I press any of the MENU, OK or MODE, all three show a blue light too.

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas please?

also - tried the reset button on the bottom - and nothing happens still. No re-boot or anything?

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your 412GW. Please try the below:
Remove the cable from the camera.
Wait for the camera to die (no lights illuminated and no response to button presses).
Plug the camera back in.
Make sure the SD card is not inside the camera.
Press the reset button on the underside of the camera (not the on/off button).
Press the on button. Does it now turn on correctly?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your 412GW. Please try the below:
Remove the cable from the camera.
Wait for the camera to die (no lights illuminated and no response to button presses).
Plug the camera back in.
Make sure the SD card is not inside the camera.
Press the reset button on the underside of the camera (not the on/off button).
Press the on button. Does it now turn on correctly?

Kind regards,
Millie
Hello Millie,

Like the original poster, I have the same problem too:-

NBDVR 412GW

Worked well until a few days ago, I removed it form the in-car mount, came back to the van remounted the camera and.....
Blank screen.
Would not auto restart
Blue charge light illuminates.
Will not manually power on.
But, if the power on button is pressed the:
On Off button flashes twice and all three lower LHS buttons (Up/Down Arrow and WiFi) illuminate.
Also, if any of the lower three LHS buttons are pressed then the pressed button flashes twice, while the other two illuminate.
Also as per OE poster:-
If any of the RHS buttons (Menu/OK/Mode) are pressed, then the pressed button flashes twice, while the other two illuminate.

I have followed the routine you suggested:
Remove SD card.
Remove power supply.
Waited for the battery to discharge, so no buttons illuminate (and left it a few hours more, just to be sure).
Attached power cable, (blue charge light illuminated).
Pressed the reset button.
Then pressed the power on button...
The camera still won't turn on.

Is there any thing else I can try, before contacting Next Base Customer Services?

Many tahnks in advance.

Richard D.
Moors Valley Motorcycles

Nextbase haven't been here for a while now so you'd be best contacting them.

My first thought was the 412 is now very old in dashcam terms so maybe a new one ?

Hello Millie,

Like the original poster, I have the same problem too:-

NBDVR 412GW

Worked well until a few days ago, I removed it form the in-car mount, came back to the van remounted the camera and.....
Blank screen.
Would not auto restart
Blue charge light illuminates.
Will not manually power on.
But, if the power on button is pressed the:
On Off button flashes twice and all three lower LHS buttons (Up/Down Arrow and WiFi) illuminate.
Also, if any of the lower three LHS buttons are pressed then the pressed button flashes twice, while the other two illuminate.
Also as per OE poster:-
If any of the RHS buttons (Menu/OK/Mode) are pressed, then the pressed button flashes twice, while the other two illuminate.

I have followed the routine you suggested:
Remove SD card.
Remove power supply.
Waited for the battery to discharge, so no buttons illuminate (and left it a few hours more, just to be sure).
Attached power cable, (blue charge light illuminated).
Pressed the reset button.
Then pressed the power on button...
The camera still won't turn on.

Is there any thing else I can try, before contacting Next Base Customer Services?

Many tahnks in advance.

Richard D.
Moors Valley Motorcycles
Hi,

Does the same thing happen inside your home on the USB cable please?
If so, then it sounds like the battery may have died and required replacing. If this is the case, give us a call and we can advise further.

Kind regards,
Millie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z 412GW 4
B 412GW 1
C 412GW 4
S 412GW 12
G 412GW 6
Back