412gw vs 512gw

Schwuar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been looking at nextbase dashcams for awhile and thought i would treat myself for xmas. The 512gw went down to 119 from 149 but i missed out on that offer. The 412gw is now 99. Is there much difference? I know the 512gw has a better sensor, a port for the rear camera and the polarising filter. Ive noticed you can buy the filter for the 412gw but is it the same one? And can it be removed? Its £20 so would put it at 119 which is same price that the 512gw was. Is the 512gws sensor a lot better?

Is there any other differences i should know about such as resolution or fps as they seem the same.

Many thanks

I’ve got a 412gw & have thought about upgrading to the 512gw recently, mostly due to the recent change of price of £119 which is a bargain especially because of the excellent specifications. The 412gw is the superior version of the 312gw, so in all isn’t a bad dash cam especially if it’s priced at £99 now. The polarised filter can be removed from the 412gw lens I think it’s threaded on or is a push fit design. For £20 difference I’d definitely buy the 512gw because it already has the polarised lens built in, but also has better specifications to the 412gw out of the box.

I should of gotten the 512gw when it was 119 but i was holding out until after christmas and now its 149 :(

I’ve looked online for a price comparison site for the 512gw & it seems like the price has gone back to its original rrp of £149 but tbh I’d be happy to pay £149 anyway. I’m sure it will go down to £119 again in the near future but Halford’s only keep the prices down for week or two I think to boost sales perhaps. Best to buy from Halfords as if there’s any issues with the dashcam they replace it quibble free, where as if you buy from a online retailer you’d have to go through the whole process of returns etc etc

Yeah ill either grab the 412 or wait until it drops again. The cable on my old cam is broke so going to try and replace it to make it last

512gw will have a rear cam coming out soon that plugs into the front cam unit, something maybe worth considering

Yeah i do like that idea. Is there any difference in quality?

There will be @Schwuar the 412GW (without rear cam) will be 1440p, the 512GW with rear cam will record 2 x 1080p files.

Have you seen the rear cam thread for more info on this? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...he-rear-plug-in-camera-for-512gw-ultra.30950/

Of course - ask me/the forum any further questions you have.

The basic difference between the 412GW and 512GW is:

TimeLapse,
Rear-Cam capability,
Announcements,
Polarising filter,
Sensor,
Better processor.

Back