422GW Adhesive Mount

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Purchased my 422gw about a week ago, decided not too use the suction type mount as it tends to fall off from the windscreen in hot weather conditions etc. So as usual I’ve put on the 3m adhesive mount & let it settle on the windscreen for 24 hours... is it just me or is it really awkward to remove from the mount? It won’t pull away, I have to move the entire mount down to be able to remove the dashcam & it still feels like then adhesive mount wants to come off the windscreen?! The suction mount appears to be a slide on/off effect? The adhesive mount is push on/pull off but I’m not that confident lol, much preferred the 412gw type mount even it was slightly bulky

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting in touch, we can certainly sympathise with this.

The magnet is deliberately strong to ensure its secure in the vehicle should you have an incident, you have to pull it backward off the mounting.

If you want to remove it please pull it backwards off the magnet rather than sliding the mount from the windscreen.

Purchased my 422gw about a week ago, decided not too use the suction type mount as it tends to fall off from the windscreen in hot weather conditions etc. So as usual I’ve put on the 3m adhesive mount & let it settle on the windscreen for 24 hours... is it just me or is it really awkward to remove from the mount? It won’t pull away, I have to move the entire mount down to be able to remove the dashcam & it still feels like then adhesive mount wants to come off the windscreen?! The suction mount appears to be a slide on/off effect? The adhesive mount is push on/pull off but I’m not that confident lol, much preferred the 412gw type mount even it was slightly bulky

No, it's not you, I have the same problem. IMO it's a design flaw. A click release or locking ball joint should have been employed. They'll modify the design at some point I think.

I will probably find the perfect mounting position, then squirt some superglue into the ball joint. I don't envision a long relationship with this product anyway. I seriously need to ignore all reviews and trust my own judgement before buying anthything in future. I always make what I deem reasonable assumptions - only to get burned time and again.

Mine fits very strongly, but pulls off fine. (522GW).

I just removed mine (two handed) and the whole thing came off the screen (suction mount). It's still a relatively new cam and people don't upgrade for 2/3 years so I'm guessing the complaints will gather steadily. I'm glad yours seems fine, maybe there's some subtle difference between the two, or I got a bad one?

I'm currently performing a renovation on my DDPai. I just can't find another camera that has comparable features. That was my first dashcam and I got it right first time (nod to Techmoan).

I've managed to get the hang off dismounting my 422gw from the adhesive mount now but it's a steady 2 handed job otherwise too much force I'm afraid the whole adhesive mount may come away from the windscreen lol

Back