422GW issue URGENT

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I was driving today and the Dashcam stated that the SD card needed formatted, so I did this, however, when the Dashcam comes on now, it's just frozen. I have tried the recommended fault finding as per the Nextbase website and it's still the same. So I thought it was a dodgy SD card, so as it's only 6 months old and had the receipt, I took it back to Halfords for a replacement SD card and I still have the same issue !!

Does this mean it's the Dashcam that has a issue ?

Any advice appreciated

Hello,

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?
If not, please leave the camera turned on for 30 minutes, or until the internal battery dies completely. Then try the above and plug the dashcam into power. Does it now start normally?

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When and where was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?
Do you also have a rear camera please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie,

Thanks for replying to a couple of my queries on here.

The most important issue I have is this one about the dashcam freezing.

So here is all that I have tried and should answer your questions above:

In your first paragraph, I had already tried all of that troubleshooting, no matter what I tried, the dashcam freezes.

It's a brand new genuine Nextbase 128gb card bought from Halfords on 30th March 2023. (Because my first initial thoughts lead me to believe it was a faulty SD card). I format my sd cards when prompted by the dashcam or I do it myself, via the dashcam method or on my laptop every couple of months, when I check that the SD card is indeed recording footage, this is just a safety and piece of mind check).

So, as I have got a 322gw in our second car, I took my 422gw and plugged it into this car and it worked as it should, this car is not hardwired and does not have a rear camera fitted.

So I then took the 422gw back to the original car in which I am having this issue. This car is hardwired (professionally) and does have a rear camera fitted.

I have now found out that the 422gw works as it should as long as the rear camera cable is NOT plugged into the dashcam. I even tried unplugging the rear camera cable at the rear camera end with the cable still plugged into the dashcam at the front and it still freezes, but when I unplug the rear camera cable from the dashcam completely, it works as it should.

So I have definitely narrowed it down to the cable that goes from the Dashcam to the rear camera....what I do not know, is it the cable or the rear camera or BOTH ?

I have no way of testing this as I do not have a spare rear camera and cable to try.

I do hope that this all makes sense and I hope you can advise what I should do next.

In the meantime, at least I can drive my car just using the front dashcam, which is better than nothing.

Thanks

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

If you put your 322GW into the car with the issues, then plug the rear camera and cable in, does it work correctly please?
If not, then the issue is definitely the rear camera cable.
If it does work, then it might be the 422GW's rear camera port.

I've DM'd you, please could you let me know on that message? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

All good now Millie, thanks very much for a prompt and quick help to resolve my issue.

Excellent customer aftercare.

Thanks

Bobby

Back