422GW Not Writing To SD Card

Auld Reekie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has my Nextbase 422 GW Series 2 died on me? My car is a 2019 Ford Fiesta Active.

Discovered my 422GW has stopped recording video, occasionally it will write the filename/datestamp but filesize is zero, no video file.

If I tap the screen it will take a still photo and write to sd card. If I press the emergency button the padlock on screen does not show and no file is written into protected folder. T G sensor does not pick up knocks on any setting, not writing into protected folder.

If I remember correctly the red or blue lights in bottom left corner used to alternate on & off when driving, only the red & blue light are now static, also the screen will not turn off now although the setting for screen to turn off while driving is set.
I have tried the reset button two or three times but it does not fix things.

I have tried two Nextbase SD cards, a 128gb, also a brand new just out the packet nextbase 32gb card, both formatted to X Fat. The latest firmware on
the dashcam is R21.8

The dashcam is now 2 yrs old and has worked flawlessly up till now.

The fact that a photo (jpeg) can be written to the sd card but not video makes me think the dashcam has developed a fault on the video side of things, and not the Nextbase SD cards.

So guys, do you think the some of the internals in Dashcam has died?

I'd consider getting another 422gw series 2 from amazon as I have a £50 amazon voucher to spend which will help the cost of a new one, I already have the polarizer & rear view add on cam. it would be a straight swap on to the mount as its already hardwired to the car. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Hello,

It sounds like a couple of different issues are occurring simultaneously here. I'd recommend giving us a call directly on 02920 866 429 (UK) and we can go through all the troubleshooting with you in one go.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Last edited:
I had lots of problems with mine hanging while using a permanent feed and parking mode, and it was killing the car battery.
In the end I wired it to be powered via a switch so I could choose permanent (for carparks) or ignition controlled power (day to day running)

Thanks Peter, mine has been hardwired by Halford so only comes on when ignition is on.
Even connected to laptop its still not working.
Trying to phone Millie just now but getting engaged tone. I'm sure she is busy.

Hello,

It sounds like a couple of different issues are occurring simultaneously here. I'd recommend giving us a call directly on 02920 866 428 (UK) and we can go through all the troubleshooting with you in one go.

Kind regards,
Millie

Hello,

It sounds like a couple of different issues are occurring simultaneously here. I'd recommend giving us a call directly on 02920 866 428 (UK) and we can go through all the troubleshooting with you in one go.

Kind regards,
Millie
HI Millie, what is the best time to phone the number you posted?
Tried all afternoon after you posted but number was constantly engaged

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had trouble getting through to us! We were open all day and taking calls, so it should have worked for you.
We're open 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9-6 on a Saturday and 10-5 on a Sunday. Please try us again on 02920 866 429 (UK). If you are not based in the UK, please let me know and I can provide the correct number for your region.
Please do let me know if you have any further issues getting through to us.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back