4ch 1080p dvr found... but what's the catch?

Gibson99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Yes
I'm guessing low bit rate and frame rate from the limited sample image on the site, but we can hope. You gonna try it first?

KuoH

Within this price its more likely with very low Fps and low bit-rate per channel.

I know for sure my 4 channel NVR get really hot and need active cooling to keep it cool, and it only do 1080p / 4 - 8 Mbit bitrate VBR. ( 3 channels in use )
The simmilar shape & size dvr i had for 4 analog cctv cameras ( D1 resolution ) allso got mighty hot, and after allmost 1 year of use in my apartment it failed completely.

I am finding it hart to belive this solution will work as good as ppl would like, and not least work over time.

I would wait a year and by then we should at least have dual camera dashcams with remote cameras that work as good as a dedicated dashcam fanatic would expect.

Last edited:
I would wait a year and by then we should at least have dual camera dashcams with remote cameras that work as good as a dedicated dashcam fanatic would expect.

yeah, i figured it was too good to be true. i'll just continue to use my existing a118 and f70 till one or the other dies, or i win the lottery. ;)

I will cross my fingers for you if you will return the favor, i too neeed a lotto win badly :)

If you think about, beeing able to decode / handle 4 x 1080p 30 FPS vido - signals = handeling one 4K signal, and we know one of those can bring many computers to ther knees.

I an not sure what kind of prosessor there is in my NVR, but it have to be fairly good to handle four 1080p signals at a 4 - 8 mbit bitrate each.

Last edited:
I will cross my fingers for you if you will return the favor, i too neeed a lotto win badly :)
I hear your odds of winning go up a teeny tiny, eensy weensy, itty bitty bit... if you actually buy a ticket. :confused:

most i've ever won was $50 on a scratch ticket. i rarely play, especially after trying to get on the Dave Ramsey plan. he calls lotteries a "stupid tax" because only stupid people pay the tax. but it's hard to resist buying a ticket when the pot gets over 100 million...

my favorite quote of his: "We are not a get-rich-quick scheme. We don't sell microwaves; we sell CROCK POTS!"

Last edited:
As a kid i once won 500 DKkr at bingo with my mother, most i ever won.
Allso i am not a regular lotto player, but when the pot hit 30 mill on our local lottory i do buy a ticket, and when the euro lottory cross the 300 mill i allso buy one of those.
So on average i use about 100 - 150 DKkr a month on that "game" and its only every 3 month or so i get a 40 - 50 Dkkr win in the lottery :rolleyes:

Never been plauged by luck or bad luck, but i figuere sooner or later that got to change, its just a matter of not wasting too much mony before i cross the goal line.

Here we say luck only follow the crazy, so i do my best not to be normal, but so far it have not been working for me. :rolleyes:

300 mill win and you wont be able to see my ass for my feet, all the way to the bank. :D

Back