4ch x 1080p/30fps/15mbps, 4 x A7LA50D / AR0330, Bluesonic BS-F010 "Спрут", "Octopus"

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Four Channel Full HD? Yes, this is possible!

A real revolution of car DVR will be presented on show CE & PE-2014 by company Bluesonic, no analogues yet existed to Russian model BS-F010 «Octopus".
The uniqueness of new items that the "Octopus" consists of four independent DVR with PTZ cameras connected via a hub with a single control unit.

Bluesonic-BS-F010.jpg

fed6cd0a1f01cab7c9b991edf5e63eb0.png

Each part of the "Octopus" DVR has minimum dimensions due to the lack of individual display, and each one is equipped with a powerful processor Ambarella A7LA50D, quality optics and the latest CMOS Aptina AR0330.
Use of such high-end hardware allows each of the four lead videotape recorders in Full HD high quality.
Each dashcam has a built-in memory of 32 GB (expandable up to 64 GB memory card microSD) and built-in battery with 350 mAh.
GPS-module "Octopus" not only captures the coordinates of the vehicle, but also warns the driver of approaching a stationary police radar.

Bluesonic-BS-F010 - 2.jpg

Specifications:
• Processor Ambarella A7LA50D
• Matrix Aptina AR0330, 3,5 Mpixel
• Video resolution of 1920x1080, 30 frames / sec
• 1280x720 resolution, 30 frames / sec
• Viewing Angle 120 °
• Video format MOV H.264, 6,9 GB / hour
• Display (in control unit) 2,7 "TFT LCD
• Internal memory 32GB + microSD up to 32GB
• Loop recording 1, 3, 5 min.
• Battery 350 mAh
• Connectors mini USB, mini HDMI, GPS, AV-output
• Dimensions
• Registrar 76h50h26 mm
• Hub 100h40h14 mm
• Controller 118h59h12 mm
• G-sensor, motion sensor
• GPS-receiver

Latest DVRs from Bluesonic can be seen at International Consumer Electronics Show 10-13 April 2014 Stand № 8-142, Hall 8, Pavilion 2.

Info source: Auto-DVRs
Google Translated: HERE

Last edited:
I know who makes this, it's really 4 DVRs with a controller to manage them, different approach I guess

Hehee, I also might know by looking at bluesonic other ODM products ;)

http://www.bluesonic.ru/produkcija/videoregistratory/

There are too many familiar products to me.

Still I think quite simple and easy approach for 4x 1080p system. It sort of 4x Mobius put together with one control unit. But of coruse A7LA50 is higher class CPU than NT96650 used on Mobius.

lots of familiar looking products there but I don't see any others there that come out of the same factory as this new one, I'd say they have multiple suppliers they're dealing with

lots of familiar looking products there but I don't see any others there that come out of the same factory as this new one, I'd say they have multiple suppliers they're dealing with

I guess multiple manufacturers.

I do like front camera idea / design for more discrete install and at the same time able to rotate 360 degree for side view which is actually essential in Russia to record corrupted policemans. But I am not sure about same design used on rear and side windows. Maybe too bulky. But it's all depends what kind of mount solution they offer for side and rear. If only 3M double sided tape as pictured, then side and rear cameras will be too much visible and ruin look of the car ( aesthetic side ).

yeah using those cameras in the sides would be a problem in many vehicles I'd expect, they're not that small, I saw this at the show in October last year and I thought it was an interesting approach but it's very much a Chinese design, lots of improvements would be needed to get it up to market expectation, for western markets at least, they can be run as 1, 2, 3 or 4 cameras so some people may prefer a more basic setup if it suited their needs

I did quick refresh of my memory from some dashcams I saw in the past and many of them matching same portfolio but from different ODM.

http://www.bluesonic.ru/produkcija/videoregistratory/BS-K019
=
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.uUstGY&id=17512205616

http://www.bluesonic.ru/produkcija/videoregistratory/BS-T007
=
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.22.uUstGY&id=14940833926

Of course interesting model which "coming soon" Ambarella A7, 1080p/60fps ( I assume its A7LA75 ?) is already available from other ODM reseller "IRO":

http://www.bluesonic.ru/produkcija/videoregistratory/BS-F009
=
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.350.QuKl6P&id=38001051371

Factory that does this multi cam product have other models they sell in Russia but this customer doesn't seem to be doing any of the other models they make, it's only a small factory and they don't do many models

Iro do a lot of low end product but they're just a trading factory that deal in public models and copies, can't see them doing an A7LA75 based product themselves, they don't have the resources

Factory that does this multi cam product have other models they sell in Russia but this customer doesn't seem to be doing any of the other models they make, it's only a small factory and they don't do many models

Iro do a lot of low end product but they're just a trading factory that deal in public models and copies, can't see them doing an A7LA75 based product themselves, they don't have the resources

so, one more time we have conclusion / sample that majority of so called "branded" products are not manufacturers but actually re-sellers of ODM ( or copies ) with their own Logo on it.

Put it this way, there's over 300 factories just in Shenzhen that 'manufacture' dashcams, there's not 300 brands of unique product

Reactions: Mtz
Nice and then not so nice :rolleyes:
But i cant see how the side cams can be installed, unless its like my 5 door car where the rear doors are hardly ever in use.
And still it will be a non stealth install at least on the 2 side cams, but the rear cam could allso be more stealthy with a different design of the housing and mounting solution.

What is the prize on it ? it might be a cheap 4 x 1080p dvr for use in a small shop or home.

Guys, I think you misunderstood the idea of using 4 cams in a passenger car :) You might have been confused by a picture that shows 2 side cams fixed to side doors, which is wrong. In fact, using all 4 cams would be suitable for a bus, or a heavy truck, or any other vehicle of big size. As for a normal passenger car, the best way to install Bluesonic F010 will be to use only 3 cams (which surely can be bought separately): one in the front, another one watching inside, the rear one watching your back :) In this case, you can mount the cams quite stealthy and capture almost every possible accident.

A lot of people want a 4 camera system, the reality though of having side coverage for most vehicles is quite difficult to achieve

You could monitor sides by installing cameras on the opposite side. For example, side camera fixed on the left door pillar would be monitoring right side windows.

Just an idea, it sure would require some thinking outside the box of how to hide the cameras for stealthy appearance.

You could monitor sides by installing cameras on the opposite side. For example, side camera fixed on the left door pillar would be monitoring right side windows.

In this case it will be issues with AWB, due to recording kinda from the end of the tunnel, so outside windows view will be in many cases overexposed. Also FOV will be much less with this mounting solution.

Well mentioned but the car interior is not as dark and long as a tunnel (not arguing that I know something more than others). There are plenty of YouTube videos of people using dashcams reversed to show rear window traffic and so far so good, but suboptimal footage. Of course it diminishes FOV and would be a waste of a powerful hardware.

Well mentioned but the car interior is not as dark and long as a tunnel (not arguing that I know something more than others). There are plenty of YouTube videos of people using dashcams reversed to show rear window traffic and so far so good, but suboptimal footage. Of course it diminishes FOV and would be a waste of a powerful hardware.

You right. Its not a rule that awb will be out of balance all the time, but in some situations it will. And maybe exactly in those crutial situations ( God forbid ) accident happens were footage will be overexposed and no defenitive proof can be presented. So here comes question: is it worth at such a high cost ( speculative price is up to 500usd retail ). I think not worth. Even if I would get this sysyem for free and it can not deliver right footage at most needed time ( of accident ), then system worth nothing I guess.
However myself personally I really like idea ( approach ) they have taken in combining 4 separate cameras and one command module.
Also design of front camera is nearly 100% solution what I see for Russian market knowing their demand: discreteness and same time ability to turn 360 degree for side action recordind if needed ( @ police man ).
The only issue is with using same design on sides and rear. Myself I would prefer size / style of Mobius for sides and rear where "footprint" (exposure) to outside is minimal.

Totally agree with you. Nice system but still has no proper way of attachments/hiding of side cameras. I wonder what is the recommendation from the manufacturer.

Totally agree with you. Nice system but still has no proper way of attachments/hiding of side cameras. I wonder what is the recommendation from the manufacturer.

Doubt they have a recommendation, it's one of those things that gets made with little thought about the practical application

Back