4G Hardwire Kit UP04 Compatability

has128

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello,

I have noticed that the 70mai 4G Hardwire Kit UP04 is not compatible or supported in all countries. Is it the software is not supported or certain 4G frequencies will not allow it to work in all countries?

For example, the support page mentions Poland/Vietnam/Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore where 4G will work, and i know that my 4G sim worked fine in Poland as my operator uses the same frequencies. Is there a possibility that the 4G module will not work in Saudi Arabia.

I wanted to make sure before jumping and buying the full package. Thanks in advance.

It works perfectly in Switzerland with Swisscom SIM card.
I do notice that in parking mode the systems pulls 6 Watt.

Works in uk too I ordered with camera on Becker plan works on o2 sim

I live in Italy and I bought the 4g hardwire kit up04. I tried with a Fastweb voice+data sim but it doesn't work (flashing red LED). Do you think it would be better to use a data-only sim? Thank you

Hi, l wonder if you can help me out with a problem l am having with my 70mai x200 dash cam and the 4g hardwire kit upo4 bought both on Aliexpress china, after connecting the 4g kit to my car fuse box, the 4g box flashes red, l am using a data only sim card from Vodafone, pay monthly, £4, for 40gb per month, ( both these sim cards work great in a Blackvue750 2ch dash cam l have,) l have tried a Sky sim from my tablet, and get the same result, does not seem to connect to my bt home broadband wifi, it says no internet under 70mai when l try to connect to iphone wifi, did your 4g box go straight to green, when its connected to the car fuse box, l am kinda stumped on what to try next, you used o2 sim card, is it a data only sim, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks, from patclems1045@hotmail.co.uk

Hi, l wonder if you can help me out with a problem l am having with my 70mai x200 dash cam and the 4g hardwire kit upo4 bought both on Aliexpress china, after connecting the 4g kit to my car fuse box, the 4g box flashes red, l am using a data only sim card from Vodafone, pay monthly, £4, for 40gb per month, ( both these sim cards work great in a Blackvue750 2ch dash cam l have,) l have tried a Sky sim from my tablet, and get the same result, does not seem to connect to my bt home broadband wifi, it says no internet under 70mai when l try to connect to iphone wifi, did your 4g box go straight to green, when its connected to the car fuse box, l am kinda stumped on what to try next, you used o2 sim card, is it a data only sim, any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks, from patclems1045@hotmail.co.uk

I have some problem with u , the 4G is not working in uk , the seller said is not coverage in uk. So sad, do u have any way to make it work ?

4G is working for me in the UK. I bought a 3UK 24GB 24Month Data only SIM. Activated the sim in a phone and then put it into the hardwire kit. Connected up and did all the wiring. LED was flashing red until I did the setup and bound the 4G module to the dashcam. An update was needed for the dashcam and the 4G module. LED light went solid green.

Enabled parking mode, motion detection, collision detection which are all working perfectly. The only problem I have is I cannot see live view, it says there was an error connecting to the 4G module. Tried to change APN settings but didn't fix the problem, anyone know anything else that could get the live view working.

I am happy at the moment with it so far as I do receive notifications if the camera detects a suspicious person or if there's some form of collision, although there's not been a collision that was just me grabbing something from the car and I closed the door a bit too hard. Would make it perfect if only O could see live view.

Also forgot to mention. The timelapse recording is good. You can seek through everything recorded and it highlights any instances where it detected something so even though I couldn't see the live view of the suspicious person standing in front of my car, when I connect to the dashcam with Wifi I can skip to the exact time it detected the so called suspicious person and watch the recording, turned out to be an old lady frantically searching her purse for something....quite suspicious. Will call the cops next time.

I live in Italy and I bought the 4g hardwire kit up04. I tried with a Fastweb voice+data sim but it doesn't work (flashing red LED). Do you think it would be better to use a data-only sim? Thank you
Had good connection with my Swisscom Sim while on vacation in Italy. Think you have Sim problem.

4G is working for me in the UK. I bought a 3UK 24GB 24Month Data only SIM. Activated the sim in a phone and then put it into the hardwire kit. Connected up and did all the wiring. LED was flashing red until I did the setup and bound the 4G module to the dashcam. An update was needed for the dashcam and the 4G module. LED light went solid green.

Enabled parking mode, motion detection, collision detection which are all working perfectly. The only problem I have is I cannot see live view, it says there was an error connecting to the 4G module. Tried to change APN settings but didn't fix the problem, anyone know anything else that could get the live view working.

I am happy at the moment with it so far as I do receive notifications if the camera detects a suspicious person or if there's some form of collision, although there's not been a collision that was just me grabbing something from the car and I closed the door a bit too hard. Would make it perfect if only O could see live view.
Hello

I see you had exactly the same problem , I am having. I had everything professionally installed and for whatever reason I cannot get the 4g bound ? No matter what I try , I am unsuccessful. And second question despite having all settings on parking angel , it doesn't work and I thought it would've just recorded using the internally cars if 4 g is not available. My camera appears to go off when I turn the ignition off , despite saying parking surveillance mode activated. I had someone to the electrical install and I presume its done correctly as the 4 g kit is what is powering the dashcam , despite the 4 g element not working.

Many thanks in advance , you can probably see I'm a novice to all this.

Jay

Hello

I see you had exactly the same problem , I am having. I had everything professionally installed and for whatever reason I cannot get the 4g bound ? No matter what I try , I am unsuccessful. And second question despite having all settings on parking angel , it doesn't work and I thought it would've just recorded using the internally cars if 4 g is not available. My camera appears to go off when I turn the ignition off , despite saying parking surveillance mode activated. I had someone to the electrical install and I presume its done correctly as the 4 g kit is what is powering the dashcam , despite the 4 g element not working.

Many thanks in advance , you can probably see I'm a novice to all this.

Jay
Hmmm....I did the wiring myself, watched a few Youtube videos and followed the manual to test it works before finishing everything up. Your situation is a bit confusing and I must admit I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I have heard of people not being able to bind the 4G module if the module was bought from aliexpress (direct from China). There's a european model and a chinese model and there's nothing you can do to get them working for a region it was not designed to work with. At the time I installed my kit the hardwire kit was not available in the UK but I found a Xiaomi reseller in Poland that I could order from hence I think I bought a european version of the UP04 hardwire kit. Popped the SIM in after installing and it bound to the SIM card with no problems.

Your second issue is a bit confusing, if the 4G hardwire kit was installed correctly then it should stay on after switching the ignition off, some cars provide power for upto 3mins before completely powering down so when installing you need to wait those 3mins, or whatever duration it is for your car, to really confirm the install has been successful and you've connected it to a fuse that continues to stay powered on after those 3mins. If done correctly then you should have 24/7 monitoring without the 4G element. If you say it switches off then you need to speak to the person that installed it and have them move the connection to another fuse that stays powered on and I would suggest you switch the ignition off and wait the 3mins before finishing up.

Keep us updated.

Hi. I have almost the same problem. I bought 4g from Amazon UK but apparently it turns out to be Chinese. Any idea where to buy for UK and Europe?

That's weird. 70mai sell the UK kit officially on Amazon and their website. I ordered mine ages ago, before the hardwire kit was officially available in the UK, from a site called Techpunt.

Yes, it's strange, but somewhere (perhaps here) I read that if it says in Chinese at the bottom, it doesn't apply to the UK. And on mine, it says exactly that language!

That's weird. 70mai sell the UK kit officially on Amazon and their website. I ordered mine ages ago, before the hardwire kit was officially available in the UK, from a site called Techpunt.

Yes, it's strange, but somewhere (perhaps here) I read that if it says in Chinese at the bottom, it doesn't apply to the UK. And on mine, it says exactly that language!
The omni360 I bought it last year from USA amazon because we didn't have it in the UK yet.

@Ogito Can you show the photos of your 4G module from the back? Where IMEI.

@Ogito Can you show the photos of your 4G module from the back? Where IMEI.
Hi.Now my module works, the app shows that 4g is online, but now it doesn't show me the movements around the car and I don't receive any messages.

Hi.Now my module works, the app shows that 4g is online, but now it doesn't show me the movements around the car and I don't receive any messages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401_182655_70mai.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_182655_70mai.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 2
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Omni 11
Back