4K key chain fob camera??!?

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
Get a Gitup F1 instead?

Unless you actually want a camera with no lens for spying!

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, just wondered why this exists, and if anyone has bought one. Curiousity...
why does any product exist, in the hopes of finding buyers, can't say I've seen this particular one although the electronics markets in Shenzhen are full of devices in this style, where they come from is hard to know

OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
why does any product exist, in the hopes of finding buyers, can't say I've seen this particular one although the electronics markets in Shenzhen are full of devices in this style, where they come from is hard to know
Yeah, is looked fishy to me too from the start, so better not step in. Thanks guys.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, is looked fishy to me too from the start, so better not step in. Thanks guys.
I appreciate you have an overwhelming attraction to any camera in this form factor but I think this would be one to avoid based on the limited information available, not very expensive but I doubt the quality/value anyway

OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I appreciate you have an overwhelming attraction to any camera in this form factor but I think this would be one to avoid based on the limited information available, not very expensive but I doubt the quality/value anyway
yeah I agree, it has the wrong quack for a duck.... :LOL:

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
At least it has H264 so probably better than most of the keychain cameras, but a Gitup F1 is not much more cost, not much bigger, is true 4K and has a lens bigger than the ones in an insects eye, only problem is that the F1 doesn't have a keychain loop.

OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
At least it has H264 so probably better than most of the keychain cameras, but a Gitup F1 is not much more cost, not much bigger, is true 4K and has a lens bigger than the ones in an insects eye, only problem is that the F1 doesn't have a keychain loop.
:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: OMG, that's right, almost bought me an F1, without realising the missing keychain loop!!

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: OMG, that's right, almost bought me an F1, without realising the missing keychain loop!!
Don't worry, it is easy to add one, the casing around the lens is strong and has plenty of space behind it, so it is perfectly OK to drill a couple of holes there for attaching a tether or keychain. Not sure why Gitup didn't put an attachment there as standard, I did request one.

OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ok ok ok, check this out:

Matecamera sells a 4K DIY camera (plain boad camera with lens), It doesn't show 4K in the link text, but in the page header it clearly states:

4K Camera DIY remote Hidden Camera Spy Cam Full HD 1080P WIFI Security Camera with Motion Detection

http://www.matecamera.com/matecam-full-hd-1080p-sports-camera-helmet-waterproof-diving-camcorder-action-camera-wi-fi-camera.html

So I get curious.... and I ask for the manual, and it says NOTHIN about 4K.... anywhere, so another dropped Q:

"Hi! thank you for the manual, but now I have a problem, you are selling the
camera as a 4K camera on your website, but the manual says maximum
resolution is 1080p. Please explain."

Simple question, right? WRONG!

Answer:

"Yeah, we're selling the 4K camera, but the best Video solution is 1080p. Any questions,just e-mail to us.

Best Regards .... "

WHAAAATTT!!??? o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::confused:

Last edited:
OP
dirkzelf

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands