4K, really?

SR45

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a photograph of a vehicle at one and a half car length in front of me. License plate not readable.
Blackvue 900S 1ch. 4K@30. Is this normal ? Or should I set it to 1080@60? Even my iPhone 8+ camera is slightly better.
6031CD21-9859-420C-9C3B-ACE3BD819E44.jpeg6031CD21-9859-420C-9C3B-ACE3BD819E44.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that a screenshot from a video or an actual picture taken from the cam? How does the video itself look? Can you upload an unedited video?

Video. Another. Will that make a difference if it’s a picture or a video? How do you take a picture? I’m kind of new at this. Reformat the SSD card so I can’t upload a video sorry

Attachments

• 48C2B6AE-D7D4-420C-BA32-0B74F276BC77.jpeg
    48C2B6AE-D7D4-420C-BA32-0B74F276BC77.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Video. Another. Will that make a difference if it’s a picture or a video? How do you take a picture? I’m kind of new at this

Sorry, I don't own a Blackvue so I don't know if it can, I was just trying to verify what I was looking at. Yes that picture does look bad. Watching the orginal unedited video is just helpful in general.

Resolution is at 4k? What is the image quality set to? Normal, high, highest?

Highest or extreme. 4K @30. Tried to upload another link to YouTube but Sharing has been interrupted it says. Not my day

Here is another. Might as well get the 750S instead. Vortex review shows much better than mine.

Last edited:
Those photos look blurred, are the lens clean / protective cover removed ?

Dont think its OOF as everything near and far in the pictures look blurred.

That looks too blury and I don’t think it’s the cam’s fault. So far from reviews (VortexRadar, etc) the DR-900S has been on steroids. Don’t upload onto YouTube. Use the raw file and open it using Mac (if you have one). Take the screenshot and zoom in using Preview.

Is that the original video file, untouched? It's only letting me watch the video in 720p in Chrome and Firefox.. Are you able to view it in 4K? For example the video I uploaded the other day will let me watch in 1440p...

Have you tried verifying what VLC what it says for resolution?

It's probably as simple as it's only recording in 720p and not 4K, for whatever reason.
Same on my end, I can only watch the video in 720p, no higher resolution options available for playback.

Using original file from 4K iPhone 8+. Raw files using Mac is a no go since I only have an iPad, no Mac or Windows computer. There was only a protective cover on the lens no other protection.

Thanks to every one trying to help.

Using original file from 4K iPhone 8+. Raw files using Mac is a no go since I only have an iPad, no Mac or Windows computer. There was only a protective cover on the lens no other protection.

Thanks to every one trying to help.

Upload the file directly to mega.nz or some other file sharing service and share the link so we can download the video file directly.

There was only a protective cover on the lens no other protection.
Which no doubt the instructions tell you to remove before use. No wonder they were blurred.

Which no doubt the instructions tell you to remove before use. No wonder they were blurred.

Question. What do you mean “no wonder they were blurred?”. There’s no protective cover on it, took it off, and no film either. So it should be OK.

it looks like it's out of focus but it's hard to know that for sure based on recompressed 720p video on YouTube

I'm assuming he (M8TJT) thought you meant the plastic film that they put on the lens during shipping.

But it's likely you meant the hard plastic lens cover it comes with that comes on and off - which obviously you took off since we are not just seeing a blank video.

Maybe take a screenshot of your settings so we can see what you got going on, maybe someone can give a better recommendation.

Absolutely correct DashOtto.
There is much higher quality dashcam footage on YouTube than that.
It always makes me laugh when people post pictures of their 4k TVs saying how great the picture quality is. Invariably taken with a phone held in portrait and the pic compressed to hell in the forum and displayed on a small portion of a 1080 PC screen. ROFLMAO

Looks better on my iPhone then on YouTube, that’s for sure. All my settings are on 4K@30 extreme. I’m going to let it be for now.

The YouTube file is only 720p. If you right click on the video as it plays, and choose "Stats for Nerds" you'll see the resolution is just 720p/

Understood, yes it’s 720p. Think I should really invest in a computer again so I can right click things. ;)

:eek:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Omega-TI DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 13
Back