$50 off Vantrue N2 Pro, the code still works (Amazon). Free shipping included.

jjbondjjbond

Reaction score
Country
United States
$50 off Vantrue N2 Pro, the code still works (Amazon). Free shipping included.

Vantrue N2 Pro 1080p Front & Inside Dual Lens Dash Cam w/ Sony Sensor & IR Night Vision (Great for Uber & Lyft) $149.99

N2 pro is a great dashcam for rideshare drivers.

Since the A129 IR cam has emerged, the N2 Pro is no longer my top pick for a "taxi" cam except for those who want it all in one detachable unit. They never fixed the bluish-tint problem with this cam. Audio and parking mode function can be inconsistent from one cam to the next. It's not a bad cam and I'm still using mine as a primary cam- it is very reliable and does good vids day and night (other than the bluish tint). The IR cam works wonderfully as well. It's just that there is something better now and that will soon become several better choices as new models emerge. For the sale price, the N2 Pro is worth a look at but I'd not pay more than that.

Phil

N2 pro is a great dashcam for rideshare drivers.
You should get yourself a Blueskysea B2W, it has much better sensors than the N2 Pro :unsure:

Do you mean its purple color problem?
The colour balance during the day is not very nice, the image is too blue, like if you are looking through blue glass.

The colour balance during the day is not very nice, the image is too blue, like if you are looking through blue glass.
Had a check on Youtube, and the reviewer said that it was solved already!

Since the A129 IR cam has emerged, the N2 Pro is no longer my top pick for a "taxi" cam except for those who want it all in one detachable unit. They never fixed the bluish-tint problem with this cam. Audio and parking mode function can be inconsistent from one cam to the next. It's not a bad cam and I'm still using mine as a primary cam- it is very reliable and does good vids day and night (other than the bluish tint). The IR cam works wonderfully as well. It's just that there is something better now and that will soon become several better choices as new models emerge. For the sale price, the N2 Pro is worth a look at but I'd not pay more than that.

Phil
There’s been a firmware update out for eons that fixes the blue tint issue!!!

Everyone who says there’s a blue tint needs to be a bit more proactive about checking for firmware updates, that blue tint issue is so 1970’s ;)

Everyone who says there’s a blue tint needs to be a bit more proactive about checking for firmware updates, that blue tint issue is so 1970’s ;)
Have you actually tried? You said that your "two new Vantrue N2 Pro" are still in their boxes!

I suspect that they may have improved it, but not to SawMaster's satisfaction...

Have you actually tried? You said that your "two new Vantrue N2 Pro" are still in their boxes!

I suspect that they may have improved it, but not to SawMaster's satisfaction...
You can "suspect" all you want ;) ..... a simple Google search will show pages, reviews and videos showing before and after, that's his research to do, and has nothing to do with my original request, I was simply trying to keep the post on topic by squashing a incorrect comment. But thanks for your time. If the below email doesn't prove my statement, not sure what to tell you, let's move on, and instead of welcoming a new contributing member to the forum by challenging their statements with vauge "may not be good enough for him" statements, you instead may want to say "Hey Jen, great post, savings us some big money, welcome to the forum, thank you for that" something NO one has done... but whatever.....

Last edited:
big improvement in the colour, just needs to fix the shaky mount now, hadn't noticed that as an issue on these before, not sure if they all do that or it's just his one
Surprised people put up with that blue tint to begin with, that was shockingly bad!!!!!

big improvement in the colour, just needs to fix the shaky mount now, hadn't noticed that as an issue on these before, not sure if they all do that or it's just his one
they were likely using the default colour profile in the SDK, it's all over the place if you don't adjust it
It never ceases to amaze me the depth of knowledge you have when it comes to what other manufacturers are or might be doing. :woot:

Many of these smaller brands i am sure don't do much to firmware, if they are able to do anything at all, i am not sure if they don't have the technical expertise to do it, or just think what ever they got from the SOC maker was plenty fine.
It seem like at least in some conditions we have had dashcams with a lean towards blue, and other cameras with a lean towards yellow ( to some degree )

Yes, big improvement in sunshine, my T2 was also OK in sunshine, when dusk arrived...

The T2, which I think has the same mount, also has the vibration issue, it is the inevitable result of a suction cup with a long arm hanging from it and the fairly heavy camera hanging on the bottom. Suction cups need to be kept short.

Many of these smaller brands i am sure don't do much to firmware, if they are able to do anything at all, i am not sure if they don't have the technical expertise to do it, or just think what ever they got from the SOC maker was plenty fine.
It seem like at least in some conditions we have had dashcams with a lean towards blue, and other cameras with a lean towards yellow ( to some degree )

they don't make it, but the manufacturer could do updates if they requested them, they do for their other customers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Module 79L Off Topic 3
Back