5000x vs 5000x elite

wali sheikh

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Guys, i've been following SJCAM for a couple of years and finally ordered my first cam on the 11.11 sale on aliexpress.

I was going to go for 5000+ but ended up buying the 5000x from Puhui digital, with the Novatek 96660 chip- link below:

When I bought it, I did not know that an elite existed, and previously it did not have the word elite in the title but now it does. From what I understand, 5000x elite has a better sensor than the regular 5000x (mine has an IMX078 @ 12mp)?

Is the elite discontinued or should I try exchanging mine for an Elite? is it worth it? what is the difference in layman's terms?

it's hard to know, they seem to announce, tentatively scrap, release, cancel, renew, replace every few weeks

that's exactly what I don't understand. considering how hard it is to get chinese sellers to refund/exchange i guess i'll just have to wait for 5000x (elite or not, who knows) and live with it. just another 40-50 days of shipping left haha!

The SJCAM SJ5000x Limited edition has been discontinued. Only the SJ5000x Elite is in production. They would only have the Elite model.

Back