512 Annoying reset start each journey.

HARRISON841

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
NEXTBASE 512
512 purchased last October 2019, freezes when parked overnight and now requires resetting at the start of each journey to begin operating.
This malfunction action only started in the last 3 weeks. Formatted the card a number of times to no avail. The camera is hardwired. " Low battery" is repeated on starting. Rear camera also attached. Quality card inserted.
I had in mind to upgrade to a 522GW now I am not so sure.
Camera works ok once reset but it is frustrating having to do this as the start of each journey. Any solutions. Thank you

Recycling the only solution I think...

It sounds like the cam's LiPo battery is knackered. They can be replaced, bit of soldering involved. NB used to offer a service for battery replacement, I don't know anymore.

Phil

Thank you. Thinking it was the battery. :) Sent an email to Nextbase support on 29th as yet no reply.

They're not as quick with things as they were a few years ago, but you should hear back eventually. Batteries are a problem for the cams which still use them, so don't expect a replacement to give longer service than the original. And before jumping to the 522 instead of fixing your 512, you'd be well-advised to read the forums here regards what owners are experiencing with it (and all the other 'new' NB cams). Always research any new cam purchase well; the perfect cam has never been made and never will be ;)

Phil

Thanks for the head-up......... I have had a dashcam since 2008 all purchased on AliExpress, all priced in the region of 25euro to 50euro. Never had a problem, just wear and tear, like falling off the windscreen, etc. The 512 was my first expensive Dashcam. I have just noted Halfords list price on their website for the 512GW at 179euro....ridicolous price. :( Back to AliExpress.

RE above: 512GW gone for recycling and absolutely no help from Nextbase support. ....c'est la vie

Sorry to hear it ended that way :( here's to hoping that you can find a good cam which gives you the kind of service it should (y)

Phil

Back