512GW bad night video and wonky sound

slaphead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but night video is a grainy mess and seems to be going in and out of focus, the sound goes clear then muffled ( a bit like an old cassette tape that's worn) daytime is just passable but nothing like the videos ive seen posted in reviews on youtube.Sound is bad day and night obviously.

Last edited:
Try another sdcard just to rule that out.

Also, have you cleaned the lens? We all know how muck builds up on the inside of the windscreen and the cam lens also gets a coating. That's just the visual side though.

cleaned screen and lens, just using as front camera, tried another card but it was the same. May invest in a mega fast card just to be sure, thanks for the replies.

If you have already tried two cards and both give the same result, don't wast your money unless you have another use for the card when you find it's exactly the same.:unsure:
In any case, it won't be an 'investment', it will be an unnecessary capital expenditure. :eek:

Only had it 2 weeks so I'll send it back, got it from amazon and they good with returns. Seems to be a lottery as to whether you get a good one.

What I would say to anyone considering a new Nextbase dashcam is to bear in mind that the new series 2 is just around the corner now, hopefully next month, with features and improvements based on user feedback.

But is this release going to be going to be along the same lines as the almost mythical 512 rear camera? i.e. months and months of delays.

I had an issue with my 512 being blurry on the left side. NB confirmed it was an issue and replaced it free of charge

Back