512GW Files

Toysoldier_1967

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 512GW
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a newish car and wanted to protect my investment so brought a Nextbase 512GW camera - and now after reviewing the footage I have some questions and I'll put them in different threads but here's the first.

I've noticed when I downloaded the MOV files from the camera to the PC that there are 2 files an _HI and an _LO and understanding that this denotes the quality of the file is there any way to stop writing the _LO file and so free up space on the memory card or is the _LO file of more use for the insurance/police in the event of an incident?

Hi @Toysoldier_1967

The reason there are two is for when using the Wi-Fi and the Cam Viewer App. In order to stream live 1440p footage and download quicker the unit will only download the "LO" resolution file. This still looks perfect on a mobile device. We would recommend sending the insurance/police the High resolution file as number plates will be clearer.

We are looking into releasing a new version of firmware which will allow customers to turn this feature off if they don't want to use the App at all.

With the 512GW you can use cards up to 128Gb which is 16 hours' worth of footage.

Back