512GW GPS Data Intermittent - Speed display showing 0 for first part of the the drive....

pichacker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the latest firmware (22.5) and my 512 is not getting GPS data for about the first 10 minutes of my daily drive. The speed display will show 0 and then when it starts finally working it shows a few random speeds and then the speed display will be sluggish to respond often being about 5 mph out. When driving at a steady state it may eventually catch up to the correct vehicle speed.

When I pull up to a roundabout the speed display will hang at my previous speed for a period as well. The GPS speed used to respond quickly after a start up and and dynamically it was fine too. After the GPS signal has appeard it will generally remain for the rest of the journey.

As the camera is my second replacement, for other issues, and is only a couple of months old should I be returning it to the shop yet again?

Cheers

Steve

symptoms are indicative of poor signal quality, often that's an environmental issue, interference from another device, athermic windscreen etc, if it's in the same car as always and used to be good then that may mean there's a problem

Yep used to be perfectly ok. Have tried it in different postions as well on the screen. No different.
The roadhawk I have locks perfectly well in the same position.

Guessing Halfords will be getting another visit later this week then :)

Thank you for your excellent support. Issue is now resolved.

Steve

For the benefit of others, what was the problem?

Back