512gw in a van. bad clips captured

Keg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just posted this elsewhere but hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue here esp' on the mount point.

hi. i have been using a NEXTBASE 512gw but it is terrible in my van for giving shaky video playback. i have stuck the mount using the sticky pad and tightened and glued the GPS unit too but if i so much as meet a little uneven road the dashcam still judders some. the mount seems very cheap and with such a thin ball/neck design it is no wonder this is happening it seems. i have watched videos from vans using cheap dashcams and the image is very stable on these. if i tap the bottom of the 512 when all in place the picture wobbles like the internal components are attached using springs or foam to hold in place, surely this is not right or could i have a faulty unit.
been looking at these one piece unit types which sticks to the windscreen and therefore have got to give a steady picture i assume so need a recommendation please.
features like polariser lens, good night time image and such like.

yes i was even thinking of trying some kind of plastic washer or similar between them and to be honest that is a right eyesore that idea. the mount does seem to be the problem here i agree. that tiny thin stem to hold the camera is really a pathetic design and needs to be more of a solid block to be more functional.
that is why i have been looking at the blackvue and even a cheap Kaiser Baas R40 because it is one simple unit to attach.

You can disguise the bluetac though. Or get some black Sugru, that'll do the same job.

Unscrewing it from the ball then a little bit bluetack on the ball then screwing it back tight worked for me.

I used BluTak on my 412. All it needs is a small ball bearing size blob. It wasn't perfect but was a lot better.

From what I've read and seen, the heavier the camera the worse the issue. The 612 is the heaviest being metal bodied.

Back