512GW invisible playback!

RoVic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Next Base 522GW
Had this 512GW for just over three weeks and I'm reasonably pleased with it, this morning I needed to look at some footage because of an incident that had taken place.
Now bearing in mind the cam has been recording when the cars been in use and this being the first time I've used the playback feature, when I checked there was no footage on the memory card. its still empty?
I'm using a new Sandisk Ultra 64gb which I bought at the same time as the 512GW I know its been recording from the info on the cam screen, (So now I'm not Happy)
I decided to reformat the card "just in case" then want for a run with the cam recording! Checking the footage again the card is still empty?? (now I'm really unhappy) Any ideas please, Think this is one for Tiffany !!

Ps, I know the Card is good I triad it in another DashCam (not a Next base)

You've used the playback feature before and had files on it?

I'm not sure if you can see the LCD from where you're sitting in the drivers seat but is the red LED flashing as if it should be recording? Does the red dot on the actually screen also flash and count up?

You've used the playback feature before and had files on it?

I'm not sure if you can see the LCD from where you're sitting in the drivers seat but is the red LED flashing as if it should be recording? Does the red dot on the actually screen also flash and count up?

Hiya Tiffany,
This is the very first time I've used the playback. Its recording and yes the led is flashing and yes the time counter is also counting up ......

That is very strange @RoVic !

Are there any folders on the SD card when connected to the computer? There should be a DCIM then a photo/video/protected folders.

If you press OK does it then appear to "stop" recording?

That is very strange @RoVic !

Are there any folders on the SD card when connected to the computer? There should be a DCIM then a photo/video/protected folders.

If you press OK does it then appear to "Ok" recording?

yes there are files on the card, but nothing to play back ! and yes pressing "Stop" stops the recording ...

There are files there just you can't play them?

Could you send me in one so I can see what has happened?

It will be too large to send through an email so please use the service that www.wetransfer.com offer, you can send up to 2Gb to us free of charge.

Use our support@nextbase.co.uk as the recipient and please write in the message box to allow us to understand why you are sending the file in.

There are files there just you can't play them?

Could you send me in one so I can see what has happened?

It will be too large to send through an email so please use the service that www.wetransfer.com offer, you can send up to 2Gb to us free of charge.

Use our support@nextbase.co.uk as the recipient and please write in the message box to allow us to understand why you are sending the file in.

Sorry what I meant is the DCIM folder is there but its empty !

Ah I understand my apologies - can I call you (PM me your number)? Or do you want to call in on 02920 866 429 (UK Standard number)

You're welcome - glad you were able to send the file in and get to the bottom of it.

Get in touch if you need us again with the new unit.

Any chance of the solution in case anyone else encounters the same problem, ta ever so :)

Yes of course @RoVic sent me a small file, the camera was recording but no images: the unit has been exchanged.
upload_2017-11-20_11-32-24.png

Back