512GW recording mode

They have all gone mad except you and me (or stupidly PC). It's global warming that's doing it you know.:banghead:

NextBase Tiffany, the latest firmware update I installed only removed the dual file option. If you have released a further firmware update then I was unaware and will apologise in advance. What version are we on now? I will check my version when home at the weekend.

@Phil Humphreys the reason its there has been posted but I have put below in case its got lost in the thread. Customers wanted an option to remove it and we do want to try and make all of our customers happy. We responded in a way that suits everybody. If a customer isn't happy with the Logo and contacts us about it we can send a version without. If they aren't bothered by it then they won't contact us about it and will have the most current available from the website.

There isn't going to be two firmware iterations running, there is just one version for someone who doesn't want the Logo. For the 512GW this should include Hi/Lo res removal too as that was introduced in 17.9 which is before the 18.0 (logo free) version.

We are aware that a very small minority of people weren’t happy with the fixed logo and we have a version of firmware available without it if necessary. "

Tiffany, whilst I congratulate NextBase for listening to their customers, I still don't understand the decision used to implement the current solution. I've already stated it for others in posts #70, #85 and #90, but it seems to be going over peoples heads, so I'll try explaining it again:

1. For those people that are happy to have the logo present, they need do nothing at all. As time goes by and NextBase issue new firmware for the 512GW, then these customers can download it and update their dashcams. All these people are happy.
2. For those people that would like to remove the logo, NextBase are forcing them down a route whereby they can have their videos logo-free, but they are then stuck in a situation that should any further firmware be released, they have to decide to either update their firmware and get the logo back again, or they stick with the logo-free version and not gain any more firmware updates. These people are not happy.

NextBase had an opportunity to implement an ideal solution, half developed it (with incurred costs) and then failed to integrate it into their firmware cycle. Instead, they opted to produce a one-off firmware update that forces users to decide to either have 'no logo' or 'no future updates'.

BTW I'm not sure when the 312GW was released, but having the logo as shown in the clip you provided is a lot more subtle than having the bright yellow one plastered where it is on the 512GW. Had this been implemented on the 512GW, I doubt anyone would have complained, and for those that still didn't like it, they could easily crop it off.

Back