512GW v 312GW when using copied files for editing and other niggles

Famous Milkman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using a 312gw now for 3yrs and always kept files for keepsake. lately i have set up a YOUTUBE channel using this footage for work colleagues and other delivery drivers that can relate to what is shown. using 1080p@30fps on the 312, editing with windows movie maker(gud enuff 4 my needs) then uploading to youtube as been a simple enough process. now with the 512 when joining any files together there is an issue with the frames missing or even overlapping(jumps back) from the recorded loop.

anyone else noticed this?

why is there now an annoying protected file message shown every time i press the rec button. i know it's a protected file due to me pressing a button to do so and it will be in the PROTECTED folder when i come to use!!!

also in favour of there being an option to not have the NEXTBASE logo displayed

p.s. also had a 612gw, what a troublesome piece of kit that was for me but that's another story.....

Hi
overlapping(jumps back) i have that to.. Never got the frame missing, at least not yet, just the overlapping... Im using 22.5 Even the firmware before had the overlapping.

Last edited:
well i hope they fix it somewhere along the line coz it's unnecessary time wastin' cuttin' it out and getting rid of that protected file message too will be a relief, sick of it plastered all over me clips

seems the later the software/hardware comes out the worst things get, weird.

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

I raised this with Nextbase support, and they said they were aware of the problem, and that they were working on a fix for it. That was probably around June time.

can't be difficult, they had the software/firmware/technology on the 312 running correctly

Back