512GW

Antoeknee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently thinking about upgrading my rather basic dash cam to a 512GW particularly if the promised rear cam materialise.
Current cam is connected to socket that is switched (power goes off after 10 mins or so) so camera starts/stops when car is locked/unlocked. This is fine but one slight irritation is that if I don't use the vehicle for a day or so the cam looses the date/time and it's a faff to reset it.

Just wondering if anyone can comment if this would also be the case with the 512. Say you removed from click and go mount and didn't reconnect for a day or so is the date lost? Would it pick up correct date/time when acquiring sat lock?

Thanks in advance.

Can’t say about the 512gw personally, however I can confirm that this doesn’t happen with my 412gw. I’ve been off work for 10 days (xmas holiday leave) and I went in my works van this morning to pick up some bits & bobs & it was the 1st time I’ve used my 412gw & it booted up ok & the date & time were both perfectly fine.

Well that's good news. Current cam defaults back to a date in 2012 and then records for about 15 mins then loops. So unless I remember to reset I never have much recorded.

Many thanks for quick and helpful replies.

my 512gw keeps date and time fine with days of no use. even if there was a problem when the GPS locks on to satellites it updates within seconds

Thanks for reply Steve, thought sat lock might well update the time.

Back