522 Gw developed a fault..

Highways1960

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've had this about a year, recently its stopped recording, the record light stays on constantly.also I've reset the cam, I thought it may be the card and bought a new 64gb nextbase sd card.and tried to format it but it says its reformatted instantly. Cant get it to record, or connect to my Samsung S10 anymore..

Anyone got any ideas, much appreciated

Interesting to know if you upgraded firmware recently. I have had whole screen freeze. I have had record light stay on constantly but not record. I have had record light go off and video still shows. Definitely something wrong with this camera/firmware.

Hello,

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally?

Once stared, please check the firmware version:
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording (by pressing the red circle)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘System Info’
6) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.

It should be on R19.1.

I'd also recommend a computer format of the new Nextbase SD card:

a) Plug the SD card into the SD card port, or plug the provided USB cable into the port on the top of the camera (select UPDATE on the cam's screen).
b) When the drive appears, right click on the drive.
c) Select 'Format' (Windows) or 'Erase' (Mac)
d) Do not click the 'Quick Format box'. Please ensure it's formatted as exFAt or FAT32.
e) Follow the instructions.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process.

We recommend reformatting the SD card every 2-3 week on the camera itself to prolong the life of the card.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase Support

Back