522GW - A bit disappointing so far!

Sorry for offtopic.

Just to double check - I'm buying sd card for 612gw and was thinking about Samsung Evo Plus 128GB. It is rated at Grade 3, Class 10.
Read : up to 100MB/s with UHS-1 interface
Write : up to 90MB/s with UHS-1 interface

This should be more than enough to handle 4K video from 616gw, am I correct?

Sorry for offtopic.

Just to double check - I'm buying sd card for 612gw and was thinking about Samsung Evo Plus 128GB. It is rated at Grade 3, Class 10.
Read : up to 100MB/s with UHS-1 interface
Write : up to 90MB/s with UHS-1 interface

This should be more than enough to handle 4K video from 616gw, am I correct?

The card just needs to be Class 10, U3, V30, A1 compliant.

Paul.

As the OP of this thread I will just give my final thoughts on the 522GW which has been returned.

I went for the Viofo A119 V2 with some tweaked firmware (6Ro at the moment) and it is working fine with excellent video - it has no Wifi, unlike the 412GW which only connected 1% of the time or the 522GW which connected most of the time but then "hung". It also has a solid mount with no wobble, unlike either of the nextbase devices.

My old 412GW is temporarily in use as the rear window cam in the car and as soon as the A119 V3 is available, at a reasonable price, I will use one of those as a front and the V2 will get swapped to the rear.

Not as convenient as having both cameras output written on a single SD BUT at least you can set each cameras resolution and exposure etc. to what YOU require rather than have the severe limitations put on you by the lack of fast enough electronics in the 522GW and similar. Seems ludicrous that they insist on a U3 card, if you have a rear cam plugged in, but then limit your choices of resolution/bitrate etc.

From various experiences so far I will avoid any cameras with Wifi or Bluetooth in future as they all seem a bit hit or miss - to me the Alexa thing on the 522GW seemed absolutely pointless UNLESS you could use it to control the camera which it can't UNTIL they get their "skill" sorted. The only thing I would like is a remote, wire free, protect file button so you can place it wherever you like in the car without having to fumble for the button on the camera. Next best thing, a small clear plastic "bump-stop" stuck onto the protect button on the A119 - I can just feel for it rather than try to peer up behind the other side of the central roof console whilst driving.

Back