522GW & Alexa (skill) - no sign in option on mynextbase.com

thewiccaman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

New 522GW owner (upgraded from a 322GW).

My issue is setting up Alexa:

I can get the camera to 'pair' with Alexa but it then asks me to set up the Alexa skill, and that is where the problem arises:

- the skill requires me to sign in with my Amazon credentials on the mynextbase.com page but
- going to the page on either my Mac or iPhone, I am just presented with a screen telling me to download the App. No login box at all.

As a result, I cannot make a connection with Alexa.

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks.

Hello,

You need to set up Alexa via the MyNextbase Connect app, or it will not be able to link the skill to your camera.
Please follow these instructions.
iPhone:
Android:

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie,

Thanks. I think I tried this but will give it another go.

TBH, Alexa isn't vital for me as I have Siri but wanted to set it up because I could. And I use Alexa extensively at home as well.

Hi Millie,

Thanks. I think I tried this but will give it another go.

TBH, Alexa isn't vital for me as I have Siri but wanted to set it up because I could. And I use Alexa extensively at home as well.
Hi,

If you need any help setting up, feel free to give our Support Team a call on 02920 866 429 (UK).

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

I have this same issue and I have followed the instructions verbatim. Not using a computer of any sort, going through the app on my cell and using the camera, I can get to the point where alexa will work with the basic commands just fine. Just getting the skill enabled through the app. I have a separate thread with multiple issues that I've been experiencing and I'm hoping with firmware 19.9 will solve the most of them if not all. I've updated to 19.9 just a few minutes ago and already know this didn't solve the enable Alexa skill for me.

Back