522GW and Nextbase U3 so card not recording when car is moving

Liga33

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi I need some help, I have a Nextbase 522GW and the Nextbase U3 sd card but my camera is not auto starting when I am in the car. Also the app only shows me the video library when I am in the card and activate the camera. I think separate issues but both annoying. I checked and the firmware I am on is 19.1.

all help appreciated.

lisa

How is the 522 being powered in the car ?

I have it connected to the v12 outlet in the front of the car.

Fusebox, power socket, hardwire ?

V12 power socket, I cannot access the fuse box easily so i am using the power socket

Are you sure the power plug is reaching the bottom of the socket. I know in my car, which has a deep socket, a lot of plugs don't work. If yours only just reaches then movement or vibration may be turning the cam off.

No it reaches fine I left enough length in wire to ensure there was room and I have checked this a number of times. It is intermittently recoding unless I remember to push the on button myself before driving. I also have the issue of the videos not remaining in the app when I connect it to the dash cam.

Can't help any further. I know power issues can confuse dashcams and they try to start then lose power so they shutdown.

I also have the issue of the videos not remaining in the app when I connect it to the dash cam.
The videos are never 'in the app'( Unless you download them to it, in which case the fault is in the app not the camera.) they are in the camera.
Is it possible that the disappearing videos are being overwritten with more recent ones?

Hi there,

If you find the camera not auto-recording when power is introduced this may be a result of the powering method, you did mention that this was being supplied by a 12v adapter but please be sure that this is connected to the windscreen mount and not the camera itself as this can cause a similar issue.

Alternatively it can also occur when the SD card has a number of files built up, so format the SD card and try again once done.

Regards,
Dan - Nextbase Tech Support

Back