522GW - Another dead battery!

nilrem280

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So after only owning my 522GW since Jan '22 I've discovered the battery will only hold a full charge for arond 15 secs.
From all the reading I've done it looks like this is a known issue.
Amazon won't replace it but will accept it back for a full refund.
Are we expected to pay £10 for a new battery and install it ourselves when this is clearly a design issue?
Thanks

Your options are limited.

Get the refund or suffer further problems.

Considering it is only 3 months old see what Nextbase post here.

I do hope they switch to supercaps for the next model.

So after only owning my 522GW since Jan '22 I've discovered the battery will only hold a full charge for arond 15 secs.
From all the reading I've done it looks like this is a known issue.
Amazon won't replace it but will accept it back for a full refund.
Are we expected to pay £10 for a new battery and install it ourselves when this is clearly a design issue?
Thanks
Hello,

Thank you for your message, I am sorry to hear that Amazon are not willing to exchange the dashcam for you. As the dashcam is within warranty, I can assist further with a free battery replacement. I've messaged you directly.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hello,

Thank you for your message, I am sorry to hear that Amazon are not willing to exchange the dashcam for you. As the dashcam is within warranty, I can assist further with a free battery replacement. I've messaged you directly.

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Mille
I am facing the same issue as the OP.

As you can see I am just setting up from new. I still have the protective plastic screen and camera not peeled and after charging for 2 hours it last 3 mins before shutting off and warning about battery.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi Mille
I am facing the same issue as the OP.

As you can see I am just setting up from new. I still have the protective plastic screen and camera not peeled and after charging for 2 hours it last 3 mins before shutting off and warning about battery.
Hello,
Have you tried charging it from a different power plug please? The plug needs to provide at least 2amps of power (a lot of mains USB plugs provide below 2amps). this is the first thing worth checking.
If it is 2amps or above and if the battery only last for 3 minutes after a 4 hour test, can you let me know when and where the dashcam was purchased please? I'll list the charging procedure below just in case you need it:

I'd recommend performing a battery test:

1. Unplug the Rear Dash Cam (if applicable) and remove the Dash Cam from it's windscreen mount.
2. Take the Dash Cam indoors and remove the SD card.
3. Using the USB cable provided in the box, plug it into a mains power supply (2 Amp recommended), make sure to plug the cable into the body of the camera, not through the car mount.
4. Go into the Dash Cam menu and make sure that Parking Mode is turned off (if applicable), if Parking Mode is enabled, this will affect the test.
5. Leave the camera on charge for 4 hours (or more) with the camera turned on. When fully charged, the blue charging LED should turn off.
6. Unplug the power cable, the camera should shut down.
7. Turn the Dash Cam on (using only battery power) and time how long it takes for the battery to run out and the camera to shut down.

Please note:
After performing this test, your Dash Cam will need to charged again, before reinstalling in your car.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back