522GW - can't find any phones to connect to.

skurkdk

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi Guys.

I have been searching this forum for some time now, and also tried different how-too's on the internet.

I have problems with connecting my dash cam to mi iphone ( or ipad) - it's just in search or "connect" mode.

I have installet and even re-installed the Nextbase app via Appstore - and nothing happens.

I have tried to reset the camera, and also tried to reset the internal settings / and made a new fresh "startup" with all my prefered settings. - Still nothing.

The camera works "stand alone" - it records and saves on the memorycard. But there is something wrong with the bluetooth connection i suspect.

The latest firmware is installed R19.1 - it has been updated via the connect app. And tonight i tried again, putting the fw files on the memorycard, and the uddate process proceeded till finish.

I have tried to connect it to my computer, and following the setup guide to update the firmware - but when i press the button " Firmware upgrade", the cam shuts off and restarts with power on jingle. Only "button" working is the "camera on"

I suscpect the bluetooth device is broken and or fw failiure.

The cam battery must be dead, because when disconnecting from usb power cord, it shuts off ( auto power off is not activated) - can the battery have some kind of effect to the connection issue.

What am i missing ??

The cam is mounted in my lorry, and powered with the original cigar power cord.

Thanks in advance ( sorry if the gramatics stink - i'm no pro english writer :-D)

I do not connect to phone, too much trouble, and use only stand alone with rear view plugged in to camera

Hi Guys.

I have problems with connecting my dash cam to mi iphone ( or ipad) - it's just in search or "connect" mode.

The latest firmware is installed R19.1 - it has been updated via the connect app. And tonight i tried again, putting the fw files on the memorycard, and the uddate process proceeded till finish.
I have tried to connect it to my computer, and following the setup guide to update the firmware - but when i press the button " Firmware upgrade", the cam shuts off and restarts with power on jingle. Only "button" working is the "camera on"

The cam battery must be dead, because when disconnecting from usb power cord, it shuts off ( auto power off is not activated) - can the battery have some kind of effect to the connection issue.

Hello,

It sounds like you're having three problems at once- firmware, battery and app. This is going to be a long answer to answer all three, but stay with me!

Firmware: The 522GW is up to date on R19.1. There is an optional update to R19.9 available, but this only contains additional languages. Have you tried formatting the SD card since the update occurred?

Battery: I'd recommend performing a battery test:

1. Unplug the Rear Dash Cam (if applicable) and remove the Dash Cam from it's windscreen mount.
2. Take the Dash Cam indoors and remove the SD card.
3. Using the USB cable provided in the box, plug it into a mains power supply (2 Amp recommended), make sure to plug the cable into the body of the camera, not through the car mount.
4. Go into the Dash Cam menu and make sure that Parking Mode is turned off (if applicable), if Parking Mode is enabled, this will affect the test.
5. Leave the camera on charge for 4 hours (or more) with the camera turned on. When fully charged, the blue charging LED should turn off.
6. Unplug the power cable, the camera should shut down.
7. Turn the Dash Cam on (using only battery power) and time how long it takes for the battery to run out and the camera to shut down.

Please note:
After performing this test, your Dash Cam will need to charged again, before reinstalling in your car.

The battery should last for 8+ minutes during the above test. If the battery lasts for less than 8 minutes, the battery may have reached the end of it's lifespan.

App: As the 522gw can only be connected to one device, it's likely that trying to connect to an iPhone and iPad has disrupted the connection. Please follow this procedure closely with a single device and in the exact order as displayed. This is crucial for correct connection:
1) Turn on the Camera
2) Stop it recording (press the red button on the screen)
3) Go into 'Settings' (press the button in the top left of the screen)
4) Go into 'Setup'
5) Scroll across to 'Keep User Settings'
6) Turn OFF 'Keep User Settings'
7) Go back to 'Setup' settings
8) Scroll across to 'Default Settings'
9) Select 'YES'. The camera will now reboot.

10) On your phone, please uninstall the MyNextbase Connect app. Please be aware that this will delete any saved data currently stored on the app. If you have footage saved that you require, please upload it to the Nextbase Cloud and make a note of the codes then provided. You can then download the footage to your phone at a later date, or to a computer.
11) Go into your Bluetooth settings on the phone, then delete any connections you can see to NEXTBASE
12) Go into your Wi-Fi settings on the phone, then delete any connections you can see to NEXTBASE

13) Turn off the phone and the dash camera
14) Re-start the phone and the dash camera
15) Re-install the MyNextbase Connect app on the phone

16) Then on your iPhone, go into Settings- MyNextbase- Background Refresh Data- Ensure this is turned on. If you see 'Location' this must also be set to 'Always'.
Then go to your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.
Once steps 1-16 have been followed precisely, please re-pair the phone and the Dash Cam as per the attached instructions.-

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back