522GW clips only few seconds instead of 3 minutes when driving hard

pedja1

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
Like the title says, when driving hard (on track for example) the clips are only few seconds long, when driving normally then clips are 3 minutes like specified in camera settings.

Does anyone know why this is happening.

I did format the sd card, and i have the latest firmware.

Is camera hard wired, or plug-in powered? Possible the power source is loose?

It is hardwired to the fuse box. Ill check if maybe connection is loose.

Not familiar with that device so just thinking out loud, but I wonder if it is 'event' recordings in response to one or other of the G sensors.
Are the short recordings continuous video?

What confuse me is it is just few second clips, even if it was G sensor that triggered all the time the clips should be larger than a few seconds, and i assume while one G sensor event are being made no other similar event can trigger and so make the first event shorter.
If these few second clips are consecutive, then i doubt it could be a loose wire and the camera rebooting all the time, but if there is a larger gap in between the small files it might be the problem, in that case make sure G force events like sharp turns and or vibrations can not disrupt the power.

You should disable anything related to G sensor or that just sound "smart"

Also not familiar with this brand of cameras.

So the clips are random length, from few seconds to almost a minute in some cases.
But the gap exists between clips. For example if clip starts at 09:00:00, however long it lasts, the next clip will start at 09:03:00 (clips should be 3 minutes per settings).

So it doesn't sound like a loose wire, but rather a g sensor detecting and 'event'
G sensor sensitivity is set to medium currently, ill try to disable it, or set it to low, and see if it happens again

yes no need to have G sensor on while driving, if something little or small happen you will feel it, but of course it will not be automatic locked away, but you can do that manual on a button, or if you have a large enough memory card and dont drive too much at a time when you get home.

So the clips are random length, from few seconds to almost a minute in some cases.
But the gap exists between clips. For example if clip starts at 09:00:00, however long it lasts, the next clip will start at 09:03:00 (clips should be 3 minutes per settings).

So it doesn't sound like a loose wire, but rather a g sensor detecting and 'event'
G sensor sensitivity is set to medium currently, ill try to disable it, or set it to low, and see if it happens again
It could be the G sensor, I've noticed on my 322 and 522 models it sets off really easily, even when driving normally around a roundabout or bend it can ping off. I turned mine onto low and it seems all good.

Back